Issue uploading M4A files to Assignments

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Issue uploading M4A files to Assignments

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Hi there, this was reported in the past: quite often students are not able to upload M4A files for their Assignments, despite the file type being allowed for that specific assignment and the file being below the size limit. We were told that WPLMS are aware of the issue and that it would be fixed in future updates. I'm wondering if the problem still exists for all users or it's just localised to us. Thank yoU
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well yes in Wplms we have sctrict mime type checking enabled to provide an extra layer of security to uploading files in assignments module . To fix this please share your mp4 file which is failing to upload there .
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    I see. Thanks. Right now we cannot create ftp accounts (for tech reasons) so we will have to fix this ourselves! We have this bit of custom code that you guys gave us some time ago. Is it still relevant? function ime_add_assignment_upload_mime_types($mimes){ $procName = "[WPLMS Upload Assignment Mime Types].[ime_add_assignment_upload_mime_types]"; #write_log($procName . ".Start"); $mimes['MP3'][]='audio/x-m4a'; $mimes['MP3'][]='audio/mp4'; $mimes['MP3'][]='audio/m4a'; $mimes['M4A'][]='audio/x-m4a'; $mimes['M4A'][]='audio/mp4'; /* #Output Test to check all mime types $mp3String = "MP3: "; foreach ($mimes['MP3'] as $mp3Mimes) { $mp3String .= $mp3Mimes . ", "; } write_log($procName . $mp3String); $mp3String = "M4A: "; foreach ($mimes['M4A'] as $m4aMimes) { $m4aString .= $m4aMimes . ", "; } write_log($procName . $m4aString); */ #write_log($procName . ".Finish"); return $mimes; } add_filter('wplms_assignments_upload_mimes_array', 'ime_add_assignment_upload_mime_types');
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes you can try to disable that code and check it again . It might be conflicting with the existing file check for mime type
    italymadeeasy
    Spectator
    Will try that, thanks! What was the code originally created for?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    It was added to support a particular mime types for m4a type files . The issue was reported by you couple of months ago then I added the mime type to our mime type array .   I guess not that this should not affect the uploading of m4a files on your site . the issue might be related to fileinfo extension that we are using . On some server this is not enabled by default .Please check if this extension exists on your server ? http://prntscr.com/ltzkci
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue uploading M4A files to Assignments’ is closed to new replies.