Issue with Multisite (duplicate IDs)

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Issue with Multisite (duplicate IDs)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    damiko
    Participant
    Hi there, I have discovered an issue with the way that students are assigned to courses. It seems to attach to the course based on the post ID, and not by site as well. It does not seem to be overly common, but sometimes it's possible that the ID that is generated by Wordpress is the same as another site on the network. This conflicts with the way your system works, as if you add a student to certain course, they will also get added to another course in another site (even if they're not a user on the site) if the IDs are the same. I found this solution here: https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/184583/unique-post-id-for-wordpress-multisite-network, but I'm afraid I am not sure how to make this work with your theme. Is there a way a can add some code to the customizer plugin to avoid this issue? Thanks, Mike
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well to fix this we need to make breaking change in our meta table data structure . A better solution to this would be using *_user_option for this : https://foxland.fi/user-meta-in-wordpress-multisite/  But the main challenge is in the queries we are using to fetch multiple users like in assignment submissions, quiz submissions , course application submissions , course admin listing  .We would need to make changes in that too to fix this issue .  
    damiko
    Participant
    Hey Alex, thanks for the reply. Although, I really do not know how to implement this. Since you guys state that this theme is multisite compatible, perhaps you can fix this for me? Or maybe you can provide more specific instructions on what needs to be changed in what files? I am not a professional developer, so I don't know how to fix this. This is looking like a much larger issue than I thought. Duplicate IDs are all over my network and causing users to be added to courses all over the place when they are not supposed to.
    damiko
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi we have added this issue in our development log .We are working on it . Can you please explain what are the main areas in which users are appearing in which they should not on wplms site . One I can remind of is course admin . track  : https://trello.com/c/JsWNsBj9
    damiko
    Participant
    Hi Alex, any update? This is becoming a urgent issue, as many courses are unusable as users have been added this past week. To answer your question, it mainly seems to affect users being added to courses that have the same ID number across the network. For example, if Site A, Course B has the ID number 1234, and Site B, Course C also has the ID number 1234, if someone enrolls the user to Site B, Course C, they will also be added to Site A, Course B. This is a major issue. Thanks, Mike
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes we know this issue . We need to track site id in this case and put site id check everywhere in select queries and also while setting the meta values specially user meta's .
    damiko
    Participant
    Hi Alex, do you have an estimate as to when this will be resolved? We launched our project on the 2nd, and were not aware of this issue until multiple users started getting enrolled in various courses across the network. So it's unfortunately left is in quite the stressful situation. We're currently in a position where we are constantly recreating courses until they have a unique ID. We have users on the system now, so it's very urgent for us. I'm sure everyone thinks there own issues are urgent, but if you can provide an estimate as to when this can be fixed, we will be able to figure out a way to get through this. Is there anything I can do to help speed up a solution? Thanks, Mike
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well please dont stress much . User might see the bogus courses in their my courses section or course admins might see some bogus users in course admin -> members section but the student wont be able to start the courses as we have a strict check on that start course page . Even we were aware of this discrepancy in architecture few days ago . We are working on it and will try to resolve it as soon as possible .
    damiko
    Participant
    Hi Alex, Thanks for the update. Although it helps that users can't actually take the courses, we'll wait until the issue is resolved before proceeding. Do you think you will have solution this week? Thanks, Mike
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well not this week .It will take time .We need to change either the architecture of wplms itself or add a multisite check and then current site check for this which is definately gonna take some time .
    damiko
    Participant
    Is there anything we can do to speed this up? We're in a bit of a desperate situation as our business is at a complete halt right now. Is there a way to manually change the ID numbers of a course? Perhaps that would provide a temporary workaround? Thanks, Mike
    Mk
    We are working on it. We will inform you after successfully completion. Please have patience.
    damiko
    Participant
    Any luck?
    Mk
    We are working on it. We will inform you as soon as possible after finish.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with Multisite (duplicate IDs)’ is closed to new replies.