Issue with Multisite (duplicate IDs)

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Issue with Multisite (duplicate IDs)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    damiko
    Participant
    Hi there, Has there been any progress on this? Thanks, Mike
    Mk
    No sir, It will take time. Please follow this card for update: track  : https://trello.com/c/JsWNsBj9
    damiko
    Participant
    Hello, It's been another couple weeks, so I thought I would inquire about the progress. How's it going? Thanks, Mike
    Mk
    Hello Mike, Sorry for delay. We will make it available in next update. please wait for next update. its in our pending list, which will be available in next update.
    damiko
    Participant
    Okay, but when is the next update supposed to be released?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This is a big issue for us as we would need to revamp all the code everywhere in theme and all its plugins , addons .this might take some time . This update is finalized , this fix wont be available in this update .
    damiko
    Participant
    Hi MK, It's been another month. We have invested a lot of time and money in this project and we have not been able to proceed. At what point does this become a priority?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We know this is big issues for us also .We are working on it . Might take some time to do that coz it would require a lot of testing and full architecture replacement of usermeta with a custom logic based function .
    damiko
    Participant
    Hello, it's been another two months so I am following up to see how close you are to fixing this. Thanks, Mike
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes we developed a plugin to fix this issue . But that plugin works well if you are setting up on new site .It will map the site id for each usermeta table entry .. But for old sites this mapping will be missing .So we have to work in sync entries for the usermeta table to so it works  . https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-multisite-usermeta-fix/
    damiko
    Participant
    Well, that's progress! What happens if we install this on a site that is already in use? We have many users and have been running (sort of) for months now). How long before this will work for existing sites? Thanks!
    Mk
    I will suggest you to check on local first or I will check and reply you next day.
    damiko
    Participant
    Yes, if you can check and get back to me, that would be great!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster

What happens if we install this on a site that is already in use? We have many users and have been running (sort of) for months now).

Well currently the plugin will likely wont show any user in your site in any course as site id is not mapped with the usermeta . We still have to create the migrator which I am working on right now .  
    damiko
    Participant
    Okay, all great news Alex. Thanks for the update. This has been a pretty big problem for us, as you're well aware. Do you have any idea when the migrator might be ready? Thanks, Mike
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with Multisite (duplicate IDs)’ is closed to new replies.