Issues after upgrade… Please help

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Issues after upgrade… Please help

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    sandy
    1. Refer this temporary fix: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/course-permalinks-not-working/ 3,4 : the issue related to Visual composer will be fixed in Vibe course module 2.0.2 releasing in 1-2 hours. The issue is with latest Visual Composer plugin. 2: Checking
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    Thanks Admin for your response. Issue 1: http://www.digital-marketing-training-mumbai.com/course/free-5-part-social-media-marketing-training/ On this page, on click of Members and Activity from the left hand menu, are now working after we added the code in wplms-customizer.php file. However, when we are logged in as admin, on the same page the Admin menu link is still not working. On hover of the mouse course on the Admin link, this is the URL seen: http://www.digital-marketing-training-mumbai.com/course/free-5-part-social-media-marketing-training/admin If you notice there is no ? before admin in this URL. Issue 2: Waiting for your response. Issue 3: We updated the Vibe course module 2.0.2 but the Ajax issue is still persists. We have disabled Ajax from the LMS --> Setttings. Issue 4: Waiting for your response.
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    One more issue we have discovered. Log in and go to http://www.digital-marketing-training-mumbai.com/course/free-5-part-social-media-marketing-training/. Locate the Modules 1 and click on the + sign in COURSE CURRICULUM section. On click on + the accordian will open and then click on DETAILS as shown in diagram1.png (attached). On click of DETAILS, a popup is displayed, with the content of M1: Digital Marketing Basics. In the popup you will notice that the VC short-code is not getting rendered properly as shown in diagram2.png (attached). Please can you take a look at this issue and let us know how to fix it.
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    On Saturday 30th Jan, we updated the WPLMS theme, the Vibe Course Module plugin and the Vibe Custom Types plugin. After that went we check our site, none of our issues have been resolved. The new issues are layer slider not working, vc addon slider not working and vc addon statistics not working. What is going on? <span style="text-decoration: underline;">After every theme update, something or the other keeps breaking on our website.</span> Please can you tell us will all these issues get resolved. Due to all this we are losing business. Please help urgently.  
    David
    Participant
    Why you have installed the new version on a production website? You need to test before update using a development server (eg. on you local computer) and update your online website after tests. Do you have any backup system installed in you web server? Because you can use it till WPLMS is fixed for your proposal. Until then you can use an old version of WPLMS You installed a fresh installation & still receiving errors? WPLMS: 2.0.2
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    Hi David, We've purchased a heck of a lot of themes / templates from Envato. Every time there was an upgrade in these, we upgraded on the production server and it was a smooth, uneventful effort. I doubt that was LUCK. In case of LMS, our experience has been terrible.  We purchased WPLMS and when we could not get any joy getting that to run after the - UPGRADE - we purchased the - Master Study LMS - hoping to have a better experience. Right out of the box the - Master Study LMS - gave us issues. We've opened tickets and out issues have not been resolved. Now we are the proud owners of Two Envato LMS based themes that do not work. We are living from Email to Email in HOPE. BTW, if one have a small site, upgrading on a test server is possible. What happens when one has a 3000 page site?  Must one use the same technique? Test the upgrade on a test server first? What's been your experience. I've personally been told that unless the site is on an Internet server (web host) the theme creators cannot do any trouble shooting, so trying all of this on a laptop / desktop seems to be futile, don't you think? If this does not get sorted soonish, I'm going to crib like mad on every single social stream I'm part of why one should not buy WPLMS and Master Study LMS unless one wants to experience disappointment and frustration in large quantities. Perhaps, if these there is a drop in sales someone will wake up and take care of testing at the theme sellers end. On a final note, what's there demo site running on? The old version? Then why the heck are they NOT updating their own demo site and doing some pre-release testing? Then the paying customer could have some peace of mind, don't you think? We've been at this since the updates were released which is about Two + Weeks.      
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I agree that the most recent updates has caused few issues. However, if you see our past track, there were no major issues in previous upgrades. This update has massive changes on which we've spent a lot of time developing. We see all the users who've upgraded are using the new features and their sites look great. We're aware of the bugs and the trouble caused, we've fixed a lot of sites by logging in and fixing them. We're resolving issues on a daily basis. And it is just a matter of time before WPLMS becomes stable once again. Our aim is to achieve that fast. The demos are updated to the latest version. However, when you're using a theme, you're also using third party plugins which can cause serious issues. For example, Visual composer update of 4.9 and Ultimate VC addOn plugin using  outdated select2.js script, DWQA plugin script gone (now fixed). In such situations we need cooperation from the plugin dev. to resolve issues and help our customers.   If your site is in production and stable, you may consider upgrading a test site or a local installation before upgrading the live site.  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I agree that the most recent updates has caused few issues. However, if you see our past track, there were no major issues in previous upgrades. This update has massive changes on which we've spent a lot of time developing. We see all the users who've upgraded are using the new features and their sites look great. We're aware of the bugs and the trouble caused, we've fixed a lot of sites by logging in and fixing them. We're resolving issues on a daily basis. And it is just a matter of time before WPLMS becomes stable once again. Our aim is to achieve that fast. The demos are updated to the latest version. However, when you're using a theme, you're also using third party plugins which can cause serious issues. For example, Visual composer update of 4.9 and Ultimate VC addOn plugin using  outdated select2.js script, DWQA plugin script gone (now fixed). In such situations we need cooperation from the plugin dev. to resolve issues and help our customers.   If your site is in production and stable, you may consider upgrading a test site or a local installation before upgrading the live site.  
    dcubasoy
    Spectator
    You're doing a good job
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    We have been waiting patiently for solutions to the various issues we have raised. We started our issue thread on the at least a week ago. Till 2nd of Feb 2016 we have no relief for our problems. Our website remains down. Our pending issues: 1) Layers slider not working 2) Backgrounds of all rows set with background image or color have disappeared. 3) The Admin link in the course page has never worked. It just takes us back to the current course page 4) The event calendar shows two calendars 5) The event calendar page Browser title shows Page not found instead of the Page Title 6) Log in and go to http://www.digital-marketing-training-mumbai.com/course/free-5-part-social-media-marketing-training/. Locate the Modules 1 and click on the + sign in COURSE CURRICULUM section. On click on + the accordion will open. On click of DETAILS a popup will be displayed. The accordion not working in the popup. We have been watching our mailbox for 48 hours and have received no reply.  All our plugins and themes are up-to-date. Every fix / update seems to give raise to other problems with no solution insight. Are these issues ever going to be resolved?  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Checking site...
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    Thanks for your reply. We appreciate the explanation you have given. We gently like to point out that none of our specific issues have been addressed in your reply. That's our disappointment. Since you have said that you are logging in and correcting individual websites our concern is the turn for our website to get fixed may take a really long time. Let us know the following: 1) What version of PHP are you using on your demo site? 2) What version of MySQL are you using on your demo site? Since your theme and its associated plugins load their own CSS and JS libraries if we ensured that our webhost had the same PHP / MySQL version as your demo site, our site should work immediately like your demo site. Do you think this will help us sort out our problems? FYI all issues documented above are on our production site not a development site.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    @Ivanbyross : Your Layerslider issue is most strange, the layerslider loaded fine on the page but just does not display and there are no js errors. Even after removing all the fixes which we've made for VC, the layerslider does not work in your home page. whereas it works fine in my test site. I'll keep debugging and update you once the issues are resolved...
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The issues you're facing are indeed strange. I do not think it is an issue of Mysql or PHP version. Every issue you're facing seems to be working in our test setup, so this is really strange. Can you consult your web host and make sure there is no server side caching which can impact this ?
    analema
    Spectator
    HI Mr Vibe This is regarding the broken "add users" feature and live search in the course admin of the instructor I really need your help to give me a workaround to add students ASAP, is it possible to add students to the course via database? or via wordpress admin dashboard?  Please help! my site url is www.cursosfinanzas.net   user jsecada pass: 808808 I have real students in the CDT protinal course so I cannot break it anymore, please help Jorge
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues after upgrade… Please help’ is closed to new replies.