Issues with the Quiz

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Issues with the Quiz

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    skillofyteam
    Participant
    Errors in quiz -In connected course list , the list is empty and not able to connect a course to the quiz</span></span> -Attempting the quiz for the first time ,some questions are missing. For example in screenshot below this quiz actually had 20 questions but i can view only 15 questions. When i retake the quiz i can see all the twenty questions. On check the results it shows that 0 out of 2 retakes. But when i take the first retake and check results then 2nd retake is not available. </div> 4. Previous results not showing 5. Explanation for only marked answers is given. The unattempted answers also require explanation.
    sandy
    Can you please share the screenshots via http://prntscr.com
    skillofyteam
    Participant
    The print screen screenshots are not working. Can u please respond based on the text?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please refer following points : 1. Make sure that your wplms theme and all its plugins are updated to lates version : wplms theme : 1.9.8 . Vibe course module : 1.9.8.4 Vibe custom types : 1.9.8.1 wplms assignments 1.9.8.2 2. Please try disabling the linkage if you have any from wplms ->course manager . 3. Please make sure that comments are enabled in question from back end question edit page -> discussions . 4. Note that if you add more questions after a student has started the quiz then student will show the questions that quiz had when she started the quiz .The new question will show only if she retake the quiz or instructor reset the quiz for her  . 5. Please also refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/auto-evaluate-quiz-not-working/ Also refer for question settings : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k342Fu_opiA 6. check for js errors in your site : https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors If any then try deactivating the third party plugin one by one and check the quiz
    skillofyteam
    Participant
    We could not find how to enable comments for each question. Please help us with some screenshot to fasten the solution.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please refer : http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/co6r1ghfUJ Videos shows how to goto the quiz and then question from front end and then edit the question in back end to enable the comments , Follow the same process to check if the comments are enabled in your all questions .
    skillofyteam
    Participant
    Hello, I am listing you some of the really troubling issues which we have been facing in quiz for quite some time now. "The issue seems not to be in code, I guess but due to privileges set for admin and user account. " What I meant by the above line was that, often it occurs that some user report us error in quiz section that he/she is facing while making or testing quiz but when we test and take the same quiz from our end with admin access, nothing seems to be out of order at all, everything works fine. Website: www.skillofy.com Below is the list along with the screenshot. <div>Error 1 : Some questions go blank i.e. the saved contents of the question are not visible on the page and the screen is completely blank. In 1st take this happened with question 3 and in 2nd retake this happened in question 5,6.</div> <div></div> <div>Error 2: The quiz settings were static and sequential. But what happened in the quiz when i took the second retake was that after attempting question 1 it jumped to question 3 and then to question 5 and then to question 8 and so on.</div> <div></div> <div>Error 3: There were instances at different points of time when the actual question save were 10 but in the side bar where total questions appear it did not list all the 10 questions.( this query is not related specifically to this particular quiz but all the quizzes in this module at one time or the other)</div> <div></div> <div>Inline image 1</div> <div></div> <div>Displaying Quiz query.png</div> <div></div> <div>Error 4: Baseline Assessment – Integration (I am not able to preview the total no. of questions)</div> <div></div> <div>Error 5:  Project Scope Management – In both baseline and module end, I am not able to save the explanation to the following question. While updating the question I get the following error in the URL.</div> <div></div> <div></div> <div></div> <div>Error 6: <span style="font: 7.0pt 'Times New Roman';">    </span>PMP Mathematics – Baseline Assessment - While previewing the quiz I am able to see only 8 questions out of 10,  and a submit button on attempting the 8 question, instead of 9<sup>th</sup> question. Below is the screen shot.</div> <div></div> <div></div> <div></div> <div>Error 7: PMP Mathematics – Module end assessment (Able to see 19 questions instead of 20)</div> <div></div> <div></div> <div></div> <div>The above screen shot was taken by the user from her own account while she was facing the issue, now I am attaching the screenshot which we took while we tested it with admin access, and you will see everything was perfect in its place. Have a look.</div> <div></div> <div><b>1. Project Scope Management – In both baseline and module end, I am not able to save the explanation to the following question. While updating the question I get the following error in the URL. </b>The error pertaining to url has been resolved and the quiz are saving the values smoothly, infact I have left a test value just to prove, its saving both in answer explanation and question. ​ <b>2. PMP Mathematics – Baseline Assessment - While previewing the quiz I am able to see only 8 questions out of 10,  and a submit button on attempting the 8 question, instead </b>Below is the attached screenshot where in it show all 10 questions and showing the last question as selected. <b>3. PMP Mathematics – Module end assessment (Able to see 19 questions instead of 20)</b> ​Below is the attached screenshot where in it show all 20 questions and showing the last question as selected. </div> <div></div> <div>I am really really frustrated with these issue coming up on daily basis, if you check our site, you will see we don't have much active content on quiz from our side, thus we havn't made any single change in quiz code or css in any form which would open this pandora's box of error for us, every two three day this user complaints us for the errors.</div> <div></div> <div>These issues are not due to cache or any third party plugin as we have taken all possible measure and checked on our part, thus we are confident, that's not the case.</div> <div></div> <div>I am sending you the credentials for login to our site of this specific user, please login and have a detail troubleshoot for this issue and please provide us with once and for all solution, so that none of is troubled the next time, if it isn't possible, please be clear about it and let us know, you or we can't fix it, we will convey the same or remove it altogether but this kind of technical issue puts our image at risk and also hamper our productivity.</div> <div></div> <div> <p class="MsoNormal">Below are the login details</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Username: KnowledgewoodsConsulting</p> Password: <span style="color: #1f497d;">Knowledgewoods@123#</span></div> <div></div> <div>If you are unable to see the screenshot, please share your email id, I will email you everything in much detailed manner.</div> <div></div> <div>Please help us with this.</div> <div></div> Regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Error 1 :check if the comments are enabled of the included question in the quiz  . Also check that if the browser is blocking the saving of answers to local storage or the server is blocking the save answers ajax call . Error2 : yes this is na issue we are trying to fix this soon and it will be fixed in the upcoming update of vibe course module  . Error  3,4, 5,6,7 : please try resetting the quiz or re-taking the quiz and check the quiz again. The questions for the user at set when the user views the quiz for the first time. So, when you add more questions, they'll not appear in quiz. They can only be reset .
    skillofyteam
    Participant
    Hello, We did try your suggestions but nothing seems to be working as of now. 1. Comments were already enabled in all questions and screen options. 2. Its not a browser issue also, we checked that too. 3. Explain a bit more about it. We couldn't understand what your meant exactly, whatever little we understood and gave it shot, that didn't work. Please offer a concrete solution. We have given you the access also. Please make use of it to the fullest and let us know, whether you will be able to correct your own creation or not. Regards Team
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    When a user first views a quiz, the questions for the user are set at the "first" view. Now the issue appears when Admin or Instructor creates a quiz. Usually admin/instructor would add 2-3 questions and view the quiz. At this point the quiz questions are set for the user. Now when you add a third/fourth question it will not appear in the quiz view because the question set is finalised for the user at the first view. Quick fix for this is to retake the quiz or simply take and submit the quiz and reset the quiz submission. Hope this clarifies the issue.   p.s : Please clarify if I did not get the issue, the images in your orginal post are now visible and the second private reply is not readable.
    skillofyteam
    Participant
    Hello again, Look I appreciate your efforts into it but it doesn't seem to solve my issue. All I want is when ever an instructor wants to see the question, he/she should be able to see it, be it after adding 2/3 question or 20/30 question, while making the quiz or even after taking the quiz, from their own account or from user account. Its as simple as that. All your solutions havn't been able to get anything positive for us, please be clear and cut with your solution the next time. Use the credential provided to test what we want. Regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please note that previous reply carefully . When the user takes the quiz the questions are set into user meta and all the questions are fetched from the user meta .Now if instructor adds some questions later on while student is taking the quiz they will not show to the user in that quiz  . If you want student to show the new questions thene he/she have to either retake the quiz or intrcutor have to reset the quiz for the studemt from course admin (only if quiz is manually evaluated) . Apart form this workflow also note this point  . Please do not add the questions and sort them immediately and then update the quiz if you are adding the questions form the backend  . Sometimes the questions do not save if you add the questions and sort them in one go . To avoid this follow : 1. Add the questions and give marks to them . 2. Update the quiz. 3. Now sort the questions and then update the quiz .
    skillofyteam
    Participant
    Hi - We are facing persistent issues with the quiz. It's saving answers for the administrators but not for the students. The comments settings are same as mentioned in the documentation. All the answers from the student account are being moved to trash automatically. Please check. Website: www.skillofy.com Login:test Password:test@123 Please access the learn entrepreneurship course and access the Play all quiz. Thanks.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Logged in with the credentials you provided but could not found any quiz in  learn entrepreneurship course it to take can you share admin credentials to check the issue at your end  ?  
    skillofyteam
    Participant
    We have added the quiz again in this course http://www.skillofy.com/course/solving-optimization-problem-using-excel-solver/. Please solve the issues at the earliest.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with the Quiz’ is closed to new replies.