Issues with Timing Out

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Issues with Timing Out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ferren
    Participant
    I've been having an issue for a while about my website occasionally timing out when I try to log in the Wordpress backend. After speaking with my host, they've said the following. I have reviewed the case and I believe that I have found why the issue is happening. I have checked and during my tests I noticed that the site is trying to connect to two remote IPs. 67.222.27.154 23.73.29.207 The first one is an IP which points back to demo.vibethemes.com which could be your theme developers/vendor. The second one is pointing to deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com which seems to be a CDN vendor. The latter seems to timeout and even not resolve properly from the entire server which could explain the issues. I have tried changing the theme and the issue was resolved immediately. This makes me believe that the issue is theme related and that the possible fix would include contacting the developer of the theme for further assistance. The IP from which we are connecting to the servers are 77.104.146.92 and 77.104.138.114 in case they would like to check if they are not blocked in any of their systems.
    ferren
    Participant
    Bump. Can you please help? This is preventing me from making changes from my site. Thanks! :)
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, When you import data then many images are loaded from demo.vibethemes.com , so if you do not want your website to make any hit on demo.vibethemes.com then you should first download all the images shown on your website and upload it on your website. So now the images will be loaded from your website and it will not make any hit on our demo website. ------------
    ferren
    Participant
    They said it's an issue with the CDN and it happens when trying to log into the backend. Could it have anything with the redirect on the wp-admin page?
    ferren
    Participant
    Bump :)
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, No this cannot be due to the wp-admin redirect because CDN works on browser and the login redirect is done from the server.
    ferren
    Participant
    Okay. Do you have any idea what it could be then? If I disable the theme and all theme plugins, I don't have this issue. After speaking with Wordpress and my host they've both said I need to speak with the creator of the theme.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Wp-admin is not touched by WPLMS, your web host is simply passing the buck. Most likely it could be a insufficient memory issue. If the issue lies in the theme's code then all the user who are using the theme would be facing it. There are many server variables which could be causing the conflict here, the resolution to this issue would come from your web host, we can not check which server variable is conflicting here by revising our code.   As a small test, deactivate WPLMS and install any other theme and activate buddypress, woocommerce and other plugins test again.  
    ferren
    Participant
    I can get in with the plugins when I use a different theme, but I can always login after deactivating and reactivating. They said the following, if this is helpful: The IP from which we are connecting to the servers are 77.104.146.92 and 77.104.138.114 in case they would like to check if they are not blocked in any of their systems.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, a. The issue is intermittent as previously said by you, which means it is not a code bug. A bug is replicable on all platforms and always. So some other values are conflicting here which can only come from server or browser. b. As a test you can install the BBPress plugin and activate the BBPress login widget in any page and try if you can login from that widget.
    ferren
    Participant
    Hi, Since updating to the latest version of the theme, it's not intermittent. Every time I go to log in, it doesn't work. I'm actually having the issue right now if you want to have a look? My hosts have been able to replicate this issue. I've been going back and forth with them for a month, and they and Wordpress say this is the theme. Is there a way you could have a look? If I can't resolve this, I won't be able to launch my site, which is now several weeks behind due to this. Thanks so much!
    ferren
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ferren
    Participant
    Another note, I'm not able to login using the frontend of the site on the homepage either, which I believe uses BBpress. Thanks!
    ferren
    Participant
    Okay, after turning on and off plugins, it's possibly the Envato plugin I use to update the theme. Is there another way to update the them aside from this plugin if this is the issue?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes you can update the theme without envato market plugin, refer this tutorial: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/auto-updating-wplms/
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with Timing Out’ is closed to new replies.