keep translation

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues keep translation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ivancio1983
    Spectator
    I did however translation when updating the theme we lose all translation done, how can I update the theme without losing translations?
    emberin
    Spectator
    Looking for the same answer.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please make sure your translation is kept in the wp-content -> languages folder. The theme translation files should be present in the wp-content -> language -> themes and plugins translation file should be present in the wp-content -> language -> plugins. If not present then please move the translation files there and after that you need to rescan or sync the files using your translation plugin.
    ivancio1983
    Spectator
    You do not understand What do I said, I want to keep the translation even after the theme updates and plugins how to do this?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    That's exactly what I replied above. Let me explain more clearly; Wordpress stores the translation files as a flat file with a line number and the translation on that line. When you add a new translation, then what our code does is insert an extra line  between it and therefore the line order is changed after the new translation/line is inserted, so you have to rescan the files.   If the files are present in the wp-content->language folder, then the files are not lost but the number of lines are changed so you just need to rescan the files. Or you can email your translation files to us at [email protected] we will include these translation files in our update so that you don't need to rescan.
    ivancio1983
    Spectator
    I wonder how do I translate the theme and plugins without losing translating every update has or plugin. Yes there is in the wp-content / languages folder
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes then you have to keep the translation files there. If you are using codestyling plugin or Loco translate plugin for translation purpose then it will automatically preserve the translated file after update.
    ivancio1983
    Spectator
    Which plugin you indicate to translation? And when he translates keeps translations even after update plugins
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    We recommend two plugins codestyling and loco translate here are the tutorials for these: codestyling: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-codestyling-localization-plugin/ loco translate: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-loco-translate-plugin/ NOTE: The plugins are provided in the attachment.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘keep translation’ is closed to new replies.