Keeping dashboard LTR English and translating the site RTL Arabic

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Keeping dashboard LTR English and translating the site RTL Arabic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Muss1
    Participant
    Hi. How to translate the site to Arabic RTL while keeping the dashboard LTR English. In an old thread you advised someone to install the demo 1 and helped him in translating the demo1 in arabic. Here is the topic: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/install-my-theme-with-rtl-demo-and-arabic-translation/ I want the same Demo1 arabic RTL translation but I want to keep the dashboard LTR English. Thanks for helping me.
    Diana
    Participant
    @muss1 Go to wp-admin > Settings > General > Site Language > Select here English So your admin panel/backend will be in English always. Then using the Loco Translate Plugin edit the English language and save your Arabic translations in that. I hope I am clear to you
    Muss1
    Participant
    Hi dian, I did what you told me: 1- Went to wp-admin > Settings > General > Site Language > Selected English 2- Went to Loco Translate > Themes > Selected WPLMS and followed the instructions in : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-loco-translate-plugin/#translatetwo The Site (Domo 1) still in the original language. How to make it RTL Arabic from Loco ?
    Diana
    Participant
    @Muss1, Please don't get confused. We have not added any functionality to change the site Language. We are using the already existing functionality of WordPress Right now, your requirement is your dashboard should be in English but your Front end site should be in Arabic. Am I right? at this point. Then Follow these steps:
    1. Set the Site Language to English from wp-admin > Settings > General > Site Language

2. If RTL Demo or any other Demo is installed on your site. You'll see only the English Text in the backend as well as in Frontend.

3. Install and activate Loco Translate and You have to change the strings manually in the English Language to Arabic by saving all the translated texts.

4. This will make your site Frontend In Arabic But backend will remain in English.

The problem is here that your site cannot be changed in RTL mode because your site Language is set as English Loco Translate will not translate anything automatically. You have to translate each and Every text using the Plugin on your site

Muss1
    Participant
    Thanks Diana, I have found a way to solve my problem. That is to create an other user account having a director role which give him all the prerogatives as an admin and set the dashboard language to English while the site language has been set to Arabic in the Admin account dashboard. This way I have the site RTL arabic and the dashboard LTR English because as you said Loco translate can't set the site to RTL.  
    Diana
    Participant
    @muss1 Oh... Great..!! :) Thanks for sharing the solution here for someone who is looking for the same. Closing the topic
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Keeping dashboard LTR English and translating the site RTL Arabic’ is closed to new replies.