Main menu missing from Home page

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Main menu missing from Home page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    a4da_326
    Spectator
    I have updated all my plugins and when I did the Main menu and top menu are missing from the Home page but not any other page. But since it is missing on the home page students have no way to log in. Can you please help with what the issue could be? http://a4da.staging.wpengine.com/ http://prnt.sc/mu5xit all other pages page the top menu and main menu and when logged into admin it shows. I have checked all the menu settings under appearance and settings. This only changed with the lastest update. Thank you A4DA
    a4da_326
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    a4da_326
    Spectator
    even if I deactivate the revolution Slider the Main Menu and Top menu do not display on the Home page for logged out users, which means they have no way to login
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    a4da_326
    Spectator
    a4da_326
    Spectator
    I tried doing as you suggested by going to wpadmin-WPLMS-Header- fixed on scroll- yes but it still did not add the navigation and menu. The current home page is labeled Academy for dental assistants (slug - homepage-4) but we have another home page - homepage2 (slug- homepage-3) that I set as the new home page but ist also does not show the menu nav bar when it is set as the homepage either. It seeeming only happened when  we updated all out plugins and wordpress. Our live it academy4da.com doesnt have any of the updates and the homepage works as it should. Thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    a4da_326
    Spectator
    No I didnt change anything but does appear now.  Did you change anything in the settings so I can make the same changes on my lve site? Im trying to switch to php7.2 but its giving my website issues. The menu is all out of order and not appearing as it was but I can play around with it https://prnt.sc/mvkpvm
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well that is strange , I saw the error other day but next day could not see it. The only difference was some plugins are deactivated now . I did not changed anything on your site . You can edit the "top menu" to correct it . But I still would recommend your to double check all the things before making changes on your live site . Please let us know if you are having any other issues currently ?  
    a4da_326
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, You looked at my staging site the other day due to The main menu and top menu not showing on the Homepage after I updated all plugins and theme in order to test for the PHP7.2 required upgrade. You stated that you did not make any changes nor did I and it was showing when you viewed the homepage (in staging) but it is not there now.  Since then I made a development site with my host WPEngine to test my site with PHP7.2 but the same problem occurs on the development site when I update all the plugins and WPLMS theme. - the main menu and top menu are not showing on the home page. I use the original child theme i had before any updates. I was trying to look on the forum for possible reasons why the main menu and top menu dont show on the homepage and came across this in the WPLMS documentation (below), do you think this could be the reason? I use the child theme and did upgrade the parent theme to 3.9.1 which was a major update of the parent theme from what i previously had. If the header .php  could be the issue and it needs to be resaved can you please explain how to do so as I am not a developer or web designer. If that may not be the reason can you please look at my development site and possible reasons for the main menu and top menu not showing on homepage.  My host WPengine states they are going to change all sites to php7.2 in 1 week and if that happens my site will be broken. Can you please help. On the forum I saw that others had the same issue and I tried what you suggested for them but it didnt help my site. https://a4da72new.wpengine.com This is what I saw in the WPLMS Documentation- It is not update-safe (sometimes). Whenever we make major changes to a certain file e.g. header.php in the parent theme, you’ll have to copy the theme file from parent theme again and apply the customizations again. If you don’t do this, there’s a chance that the related feature might not work anymore.
    a4da_326
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    a4da_326
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    okay I get the header back . Two things needs to be done . change the header to default style from wp-admin -> apperance -> customize . and then add this css in customizer -> custom css : body.home-page .pusher {     overflow: initial !important; }
    a4da_326
    Spectator
    Alex your the best. That worked Thank you  
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Main menu missing from Home page’ is closed to new replies.