Making Forum Post to be "Read Only"

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Making Forum Post to be "Read Only"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sadasiva108
    Participant
    How do I do this? I have a forum and I want the posts to be "read only" - and NOT to accept replies - because It is for people to "self-check" homework answers and not clutter it up with conversation. When I made the post as "Closed" it grays out the writing .. How can I just make a post that does not accept replies and also looks normal and not "grayed out". Anyone?
    Diana
    Participant
    @sadasiva108, We are using BBPress  Forum Feature here. For making it read-only you have to close the forum. So other users can't post in the forum but they can read others replies. This is all handled by BBPRess. We are not customizing anything here
    sadasiva108
    Participant
    Does anyone know how I can just change the font color in a “closed” forum/forum post from the (very hard to read) light gray color to a regular black color? That would actually accomplish my goal. I looked through their code and could not figure it out .. I asked in their forum but no one answers. thanks
    Diana
    Participant
    @sadasiva108, Share the page Link or the screenshot. I'll give you the custom code to change the color
    sadasiva108
    Participant
    Here is an example of a closed – Read only” forum post where the text is grayed out.. https://vedicastrologycenter.net/forums/topic/closed-read-only-forum-example/ If I can add css to make the text and the title of the Post be Black that would be great and serve as a read only forum. It is so dumb that they make a read only forum UNREADABLE!
    Diana
    Participant
    @sadasiva108, Please paste this css in wp-admin > Appearnce > Customize > Custom css #bbpress-forums .bbp-pagination .bbp-pagination-count, #bbpress-forums .status-closed a, #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-replies li.bbp-body div.hentry .bbp-reply-header, .bbp-reply-content, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-author .bbp-author-role { color:#000000 !important; font-weight: 600; } Refer: http://prntscr.com/jmc23p
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Making Forum Post to be "Read Only"’ is closed to new replies.