Manage user and order in front-end

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Manage user and order in front-end

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hello, I wanna give my customer service staff the right to manage users and orders
    1. Is there anyway my staff can do it on front-end only ?

2. If I have to give her wp-admin access, how to limit her access to user and order only without seeing or editing other parts ?

3. I see the create user function in wp-admin, what are the differences of the roles ? Do you have a comparison or any documentation about this ? For manage users and orders, which roles should it be ?

Thank you

Diana
    Participant
    @hothaibinh Try user role editor plugin. Check this doc: https://www.role-editor.com/woocommerce-view-edit-orders/
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Thank you !
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    But you didn't answer my 1st and 3rd question. I want to know
    1. Can I manage users and orders on front-end

2. What are the differences between pre-set roles, what each role can and cannot do ? is there documentation for this ?

Diana
    Participant
    @hothaibinh Point 1: You can't manage user roles from frontend. This is a default wordpress functionality. And for woocommerce orders no, this is also not possible. Woocommerce plugin is not our plugin and in that they didn't added any such feature like that Point 2: https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/wordpress-user-roles-and-permissions/
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi,
    1. I didn't mean manage user roles. I meant for moderators or admins to manage users (customers) in front-end. For example, approve or remove users and subscribers from a course.

2. I read the link. It mentioned only about the right to create, edit and remove posts and comment. My concern is:Except for admin, can Editor

a. Change course content or delete it in LMS ? b. Manager users (create, edit, remove) ? c. Manage orders ? d. How about the Instructor role ? what's the difference from Editor ? Thank you

Diana
    Participant
    @hothaibinh
    1. Yes admin and moderators have all the capabilities. They can manage users from frontend as well as from backend

2. (a) Yes Editors can change course status and can delete the courses as well

(b) They can manage users in the course only if they are added as a instructor of the course. For that you need coauthors plugin. So A course can have 2 instructors. Only Instructors have this capability to access the admin tab and they can remove students or add as well But Editors can't create users as like the admin from the backend (c) Editors cannot manage orders  

hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi Diana, thank for the answer. You cleared most of my questions. About "Editors cannot manage orders", any other roles can manage the order without changing setups of the website ? Can Instructor do that ? Giving someone else the admin role will risk messing the setups by accidents. Thank you  
    Diana
    Participant
    @hothaibinh Managing orders is a woocommerce functionality. You can ask them if they can provide some custom code so that user (other than admin) can access the orders tab
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Thank you ! Please close the topic
    Diana
    Participant
    Okay, Closing
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Manage user and order in front-end’ is closed to new replies.