Meeting EU regulation

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Meeting EU regulation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stefan_lachmann
    Spectator
    Hi everyone, Could someone please respond to the following challenge: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/gdpr-and-datamobility/ It is really urgent. The most important questions is: Where does WPLMS store User data, and how can it be exported or deleted. Thanks for your kind support. Regards, Stefan
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thank you , I have added a notification.
    fwu
    Participant
    Mr. Vibe Thank you for pointing this!   regards
    stefan_lachmann
    Spectator
    Dear Mr. Vibe, First of all thank you for your feedback on GDPR on the linked thread as well as your recommendation on the GDPR plugin. However, I am a bit disappointed that that you do not respond to further questions regarding WPLMS compliance. In fact, WPLMS does NOT seem to be GDPR compliant, yet. Why not? Because... WPLMS offers plugins that are made by you to make WPLMS running really great as a LMS. Besides your theme, you use WPLMS assignments, quiz features and unit timings to mention just a few. The question of your European customers (incl. me) is: Where are user information stored and how can they be exported and deleted if requested by a European citizen. This is the right EU citizens have since last week. GDPR is also not a surprise. There has been a conversion of 2 years to make systems ready for it, and other Wordpress LMS plugins ARE GDPR compliant. So, I would love to continue using WPLMS. You are just a great bunch of programmers! But we need to work on this collaboratively. So, the following needs to be done immediately:
    1. Provide a list of plugins WPLMS is offering (incl. add ons like Wishlist, Unit timings etc.)
    2. Highlight, which of these plugins store user information / data. (I understand that buddypress is storing general user data of students, which is perfectly fine as buddypress uses the Wordpress integration to export and delete this information. However, how about the other plugins? Where are quiz results, assignments etc. stored? This needs to be answered here.)
    3. Explain, how these information can be exported / deleted on a user by user basis to meet GDPR compliance.
    I think it would be fantastic to have WPLMS labeled as "GDPR" compliant on Envarto. From my perspective, it would be fantastic if you connect to an existing solution, such as using the Wordpress Delete / Export feature. And maybe this already works, but then please inform us accordingly, so we can test it. I personally use the plugin "Ultimate GDPR" from Envarto. The guys already offer several plugins integrations to meet the requirements. However, the "how" is up to you. Now, I hope to hear from you very soon, as a non-GDPR compliant WPLMS will provide the risk to be no longer useable on the EU market! Thanks for your understanding and support. Best wishes, Stefan
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Where are user information stored : Well it is stored as user meta,post meta  and activity and activity meta table in wordpress . Well all the wplms and vibe plugins store the data in wordpress and buddypress tables itself ,so when user gets deleted their data is also gets deleted . Please provide time to explain all the things .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well to get export all the user related data you can simply use this tip : GDPR plugin for GDPR compliance All the wplms related data is stored up in usermeta and buddypress activity table . Also note here that wplms architecture does not store user's email or its ip address . It only use user's id on wordpress to handle all the user related data . So when user gets deleted all its data is also deleted from system .
    stefan_lachmann
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, All working now. Glad to say that. :-) Ticket can be closed. Best wishes, Stefan
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Welcome!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Meeting EU regulation’ is closed to new replies.