Messages search member not working well

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Messages search member not working well

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Please see the attached video:- https://vimeo.com/534896029 You will notice that when you type Jackie you get lots of jackies. We have 1000s of people on our LMS so the list of Jackie repeated 10 times is not useful to anyone in narrowing down the right jackie. I have to type in the entire last name to get the correct jackie. This is not good and the search should continue to display matches as I add letters of the last name. Can this be fixed.
    Ada
    Participant
    You can search users with their username.
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Yeap I get this. The thing is we do not want to give away for security reasons user names for anyone. Also for GDPR reasons we must be able to restrict this to instructors only. GDPR is an important legal requirement in the UK and Europe. Its key and the fines are huge. We have many many senor corporate users who would be horrified that this is possible.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well in such case we can hide the option to send a new message , user can only see existing messages and messages sent from system like "assignment evaluated " etc .
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    We do not want that. We support our products and don't want phone calls when users feel they cannot find who they should contact for training help. We have 1000s of users and your solution would effectively disable an important feature and generate lots of support calls. All we need is to be able in the new message is to restrict the "To List" either to a specific instructor or all instructors but no other users. This must be an easy change in the code. The way this is configured as is in no way is GDPR compliant. Please keep to the specifics of my request, unlike the poor previous solution.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well currently its not possible but we can add support for this for future updates of vibebp plugin , then it can possible to do so . then after next update add this code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :
    add_filter('vibebp_member_search_args',function($args){
    $args['role']='instructor'; return $args;
    });
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Thanks guys and girls will implement and test. Will comeback with result
    Veronica
    ok please let us know
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Sucha disappointment. This has been added and no effect. I tested the following:- Instrutor user - Could message everyone. Exact behavour needed Student user - Could message anyone in the system - Not behaviour expected This has to be fixed. We cannot go live with this.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Provision already has been added in the plugin , you will get this in the next update of vibebp plugin .
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    When is that coming as this is preventing us going live
    Veronica
    hi we are trying to release it asap maybe today or tomorrow
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    That was 5 days ago. We are desperte. We are willing to pay to make things happen quicker
    Veronica
    hi the update was live 1.5.6 if you didn't get the notification then let us know
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    fixed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Messages search member not working well’ is closed to new replies.