Missing Free Course Login or Register Banner – WPML conflict

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Missing Free Course Login or Register Banner – WPML conflict

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi, My site is multilingual with WPML. I have a conflict with WPML string translation: when it is activated (and I definitely need it), the banner message on free courses that shows up when a guest tries to take a free course is missing. (see screenshot here to see which banner I am referring to). It used to show up only on my second language, but now it never shows up. I've been looking in my string translations to see if I had translated a string that I shouldn't but can't find anything accurate. Can you take a look please? Or do you have an idea on which string it could be or so?? Any hint would be appreciated! I've been struggling with for months without managing to find the cause. It is really bad for new customers who don't understand why they can't take a free course + the register link is therefore missing. I tried by disabling other plugins, but only WPML String translation seems to be affecting this. Thank you in advance! Martin
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is really strange one .Need to debug this .Please share a valid ftp credentials in private reply  to check this issue .
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Thanks for quick support and further tests! Before I contact my host (siteground), I wanted to know: are you using WPML and WPML string translation on your test site? When I disable WPML, the banner shows up, so don't you think I should contact WPML first to see why the $get and $post are not detected? Thanks
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Hi, Yes you should contact WPML for this issue and show these screenshots to WPML . https://prnt.sc/i9ijrf https://prnt.sc/i9ik9f
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alew and Mark, Here is the reply from the WPML 1st tier support:   I saw the problem you're reporting. I noticed, even in the image you posted above (second image), that the $_GET superglobal does not work on the theme, even when WPML is disabled, only the $_REQUEST works. In the default theme, both of these variables work. Do you know why your theme does not allow $_GET to work? This should help us understand a bit more about why this is not working properly. I'll contact 2nd tier support and ask about it. Soon we will contact you. -------------- So I will also wait to see what the 2nd tier support say, but meanwhile can you please check why the theme is apparently not allowing the $_GET event with WPML disabled? Thank you!
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi we have checked this but still could not able to find any reason behind this issue . Also this is the first time we have ever seen such  problem . right now what you can do is to enable "Open Login popup for non logged in users when they click on take this course button" from wp-admin -> lms -> settings .
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, This is too bad you were unable to find the reason behind this.. I don't know what to do about it, and I don't like having such error in the background cause it might cause other issues. I will see if WPML 2nd tier support find something. About your workaround, I am using WPLMS with WC Memberships and Subscriptions. My paid courses need an active subscription to be accessed. Enabling the login popup is not something I can use because users that click on paid courses are not redirected to my pricing page anymore :-p Is there a way to open that login popup only for free courses? And leave default behavior for paid courses? Sorry if this is custom work, but if you have a snipped I can add to my functions.php to do this, that would be awesome! Thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well there is a setting added in vibe customtypes to enable the login popup for just free courses in lms settings . this will be available in the next update of vibe customtypes plugin .
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Again thanks for quick support! And glad to hear that option will be soon under the hood :-) Sorry if my question is stupid: I didn't know the vibe customtypes plugin add settings?!. I removed it cause I have all my customizations in function.php and found it more convenient to have all of them (WPLMS and others) in one place. Do you think it will be possible for me to put that function in functions.php? Thanks again!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well its a simple settings that will be added in wp-admin -> lms -> settings  : http://prntscr.com/iowho5
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing Free Course Login or Register Banner – WPML conflict’ is closed to new replies.