Multiple correct question issue

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Multiple correct question issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi! Would you check this image. I have a "multiple correct" question 4 options / 3 correct. I have answered correctly 2 out of three and still have one point out of three. It should be 2/3? Would you help with this! https://ibb.co/gwKGdRS Note: [I'm using 3.9]
    Veronica
    hi have you enabled partial marking? for partial marking issue: it works in this way : It allocated marks to the student for each correct answer and if a user marks the wrong answer then it won't award marks for it. so if question has two correct answers and user marks one correct and one wrong answer then it will allocate 1 marks to the user and 0 for the wrong one. It wont deduct(negative) marks for the wrong answer. Note: partial marking cant be in fractions or in floating-point. it should be an integer value.
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi Veronica! Partial marking is enabled. As you can see in the picture the question has three correct answers and three points. The students has selected three answers and two of them are correct and yet he got 1 / 3. Would you check this again!
    Veronica
    hi, let me try to understand the concept here if there are 12 questions of 1 marks each then 12*1 = 12 partial marking cant be in fractions or in floating-point. it should be an integer value. another example Like if a question with fill blanks has 12 fill blanks, you must set the marks for this question in multiples of 12.
    jackal
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    yes exactly please set the marks as four (4) there instead of three (3) and the check it it will work
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi! This is not possible, if the question is set to 4 points but has three correct answers only! What will happen if student selects two correct and one wrong! or even if he/she put all of them as correct! I have tried all possibilities and the mark is wrong. Dear Veronica please take more time and test this under your testing environment. Set a question with multiple corrects. It should has four options and three correct answers. Add it under a quiz, set it to 4 points as you have said and tell me what will happen if you choose two correct and on wrong? I have sent you a video and you still not seeing the issue! What more I can do to help me with this? Hope to hear from you soon.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    checking this.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Can you confirm if you do not have negative markings enabled ? -1 for incorrect answer because then out of 3 marks, 2 is correct and 1 is incorrect. What happens if you only mark 2 and click check answer. I am trying to replicate this
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi Mr.Vibe! No. Negative marking is not enabled. I simply has a question 'multi corrects' with four options and three of them are correct 1,2,3. I set the question with 3 marks because it has three correct answers. When student answer two correct and one wrong he is getting one point only out of three. (it should be 2/3). If I set question to 4 points mark and a student answers two correct and one wrong he is still having one point out of 4 points. Anyway it doesn't make sense to make the question with 4 marks because it has only three correct answers. I don't know why this type of question is confusing and I wonder why no one has reported it earlier! I hope you could replicate the issue, otherwise I will need to work on a lot of my questions and turn them into other type! Regards, Anas
    Veronica
    hi, the delay in response due to support holiday i have checked in the version 3 http://somup.com/cYQr65X7zO it is working fine we need to check on your site please provide quiz url question url course url i will check further
    jackal
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    checking....
    Veronica
    ok got it you are not using react quizzes right! yes the issue is with quizzes please use react quizzes it will work fine with react quizzes
    jackal
    Spectator
    Hi Veronica! Is it mandatory to use react? I believe that it should be fixed on default quiz as well. However. The main reason for me to not use react is that the view is different. How to make react quizzes to look the same as default ones, for example to display buttons at the bottom (like units) and how to hide questions after completing the quiz? Kind regards, Anas
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple correct question issue’ is closed to new replies.