Multisite profile issues

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Multisite profile issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    isigma
    Spectator
    I found some issues with BP registration on network site: 1) the Name field is not being recorded to WP Nick name field. It is definitely recorded to a wrong place, as it is being displayed in the Edit field on profile page. If I populate the WP field in Admin, BP Name field still shows the original value. As the result there is no name displayed on the top bar, in comments "You're logged in as", on the profile page header, etc. 2) profile page only displays About group, no other field groups 3) edit tab in contrary displays all groups, including Instructor, which is supposed to be hidden.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the profile name field is fetched from the buddypress profile field "name" . We checked this on our test site and was not able to replicate the issue : http://prnt.sc/acn95y This is a buddypress module  properly and depends on how you have setup your wordpress and buddypress together . Please refer this tutorial for wplms woht multisite setup:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEaxMeM3GOk
    isigma
    Spectator
    It looks like bp_displayed_user_fullname() displays display_name field (WP Display name publicly) field, which is supposed to be set to BP name field after registration...but it's not on network sites. Was your user account created through the network site form, or through the main site form? In my case, network site created account has the following issues: - the WP nickname field is empty (it is not after crating a main site user) 'Display name publicly as'  is not set. - All the site username display areas are empty as the result. - as soon as I manually set 'Display name publicly as' at admin, it changes BP name field + all names shows up everywhere. == Here is some more tests on the network site created site to prove the above statement: - bp_displayed_user_fullname() which you're using doesn't return anything (until the  'Display name publicly as'  is set. And bp_displayed_user_fullname() displays the value from <strong style="line-height: 1.5;">display_name<span style="line-height: 1.5;">, which can be different from BP name</span> - echo bp_core_get_user_displayname( $userid ) returns true BP NAME field, even when the  'Display name publicly as' is not set. ==So as deep as I've discovered the problem is rooted in empty <strong style="line-height: 1.5;">display_name<span style="line-height: 1.5;"> field after registering a network user. Any suggestion how to refresh/set it up?</span>
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We will check this issue and will report back to you.Need some time to check this.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Multisite profile issues’ is closed to new replies.