multisite set-up problem

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues multisite set-up problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    consp51
    Participant
    Hello I am following the youtube video to set up the multisite. But I was unable to disable the following plug-ins. <span style="font-weight: 600; overflow-wrap: break-word; display: block; margin-bottom: 0.2em; font-size: 14px; color: #000000; font-family: -apple-system, system-ui, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; white-space: nowrap;">BuddyPress <span style="overflow-wrap: break-word; display: block; margin-bottom: 0.2em;">Vibe Course Module <span style="overflow-wrap: break-word; display: block; margin-bottom: 0.2em;">Vibe Custom Types <span style="overflow-wrap: break-word; display: block; margin-bottom: 0.2em;">WPLMS Front End</span></span></span></span> I never finished set up BuddyPress, because it was not needed at the moment, could this be the reason why I can not disable them?  
    consp51
    Participant
    I copy and paste the text from the website didn't realize it was in html code. BuddyPress Vibe Course Module Vibe Custom Types WPLMS Front End That I could not disable...
    logan
    Hello, these plugins: BuddyPress
    Vibe Course Module
    Vibe Custom Types
    WPLMS Front End are backbone of the wplms and it is required. it cant be disabled.
    consp51
    Participant
    In that case, in your video, you were able to disable all plugin before running the multisite setup. How can do the same thing? Switch to a different theme then swtich back to WPLMS? Advice and help appreciated I am trying to use the 2nd site as a testing site, seem like the multisite setup will be perfectly ideal for that.
    logan
    Hello,

Deactivate All Plugins Using FTP

First, you need to connect to your website using FTP client, or File Manager in cPanel. Once connected, you need to navigate to the /wp-content/ folder.

wp-content folder in FTP view

Inside wp-content folder, you will see a folder called plugins. This is where WordPress stores all plugins installed on your website.

Right click on the plugins folder and select Rename. Change the name of the plugins folder to anything that you like. In our example, we will call it “plugins.deactivate”. Once you do this, all of your plugins will be deactivated.

Deactivate plugins by renaming the plugins folder

Once you do that, go back to your /wp-content/ folder and rename “plugins.deactivate” back to plugins. Now you can activate one plugin at a time.

consp51
    Participant
    Logan What can I say about you! You are a lifesaver. Thanks for great tips. Felix
    logan
    thanks for your kind words :) :) blushing :) :)

for all my efforts, i hope you wouldn't mind writing a detailed review about your experience with WPLMS and our customer support.

Here: https://themeforest.net/item/wplms-learning-management-system/reviews/6780226

If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Closing this topic. best regards friend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘multisite set-up problem’ is closed to new replies.