My Courses based on Category (or workaround)

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues My Courses based on Category (or workaround)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Silvio
    Participant
    Hi, I wasn´t going to ask about this as I didn't manage to find any related topic, and I thought you may consider it a customization off your scope, but I have found a topic with a proposed solution and I decided to ask you about it as it may be useful for many users. In this post, you proposed a function which should filter the main courses page in order to only display a certain category.   https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/my-courses-based-on-category/ I tried adding that function but it does not seem to work anymore. Could you assist on this?
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    The code given in the topic mentioned by you is for showing courses for a specific category. For this you need to add shortcode [my_courses] on your page. Also you have to change the category slug "business" with your category slug.
    Silvio
    Participant
    Hi Mark, I already tried that, but I just get a blank page. Could you try to replicate it? I've tried the code both in my local deploy and the live service but still no results. I tried different slugs. Is that code, maybe, only valid for logged in users or something like that? I can give you access to the site or send you the functions file so you can have a look, but I can assure I just followed your given steps.  
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Please share your admin credentials to check this issue. PS: Mark reply as private while sharing your credentials.
    Silvio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    We need your FTP details to debug this issue. PS: Mark the reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    Silvio
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    A necessary buddypress component "activity streams " was disabled in  wp-admin -> settings -> buddypress in your site . This is needed at all places in wplms . I activated it and it worked fine.
    Silvio
    Participant
    Hi Alex, First of all, thanks for your support. I didn´t have any idea about the activity stream being needed. However, I just checked both the shortcode and the main courses page and the filter per category is not working. Before I checked that, I went to WPLMS Dashboard Courses Manager, where I had disabled all courses but the category I wanted from directory listing (when you checked the shortcode all courses which didn´t belong to that category were hidden, the same one I'm applying the function you provided). add_shortcode('my_courses','wplms_my_courses_shortcodes'); .... if(has_term( 'agricultura-ganaderia', 'course-cat', $course )){   If you check the main courses page you will see that the filter is not being applied. Also, if you check the pages where the shortcode is inserted (et al /test-shortcode) you will see that the course shortcode does not even run on that page.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘My Courses based on Category (or workaround)’ is closed to new replies.