Need a Course Timer Plug in that works with WPLMS

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request Planned Features Need a Course Timer Plug in that works with WPLMS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    a4da
    Spectator
    your theme does not yet have an option for the course to have a timer that makes a specific amount of time required to pass the course and that also prompts the student to answer a question if course is left ideal for more than x amount of time or they are logged out. one of the developers mentioned there are 3rd party plugins that will work with WPLMS for this function. I am unable to find a plugin that has a timer with this feature. Can you please suggest 1 or 2 that I can use with WPLMS. I know LearnDash toolkit, uncanny owl pro, or sensei lesson timer has one would this plugin work with WPLMS or can you suggest one that will. My course has a required time limit the student MUST stay in the course of 4 hours. Can you add a feature that tracks the amount of time a student spends in the course and does not allow them to finish course until time hits 4 hours ( or whatever time is set) and it also has a feature that if the person is idle for more than 1,2,3 minutes it prompts them to answer a question and if they dont it logs them out of the course and back to the home/login page.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Your requirements are not clear as there are so many use cases for this criteria. Please explain your requirements step by step. Also clarify about the questions, which question  should appear if the user is ideal, where is/are this question stored and how is it processed. ----------- For tracking the amount of time spent by users on the course/unit you can try using wordpress session tracker plugin. ----------- If you want that the student should stay for 4 hours in your course before completing the course, then use drip feed feature accordingly. You can set the drip feed according to unit duration and set the unit duration accordingly. Now in 2.3 version you can also set the drip duration from the origin/starting the course, which I guess will fulfil your requirement here.
    a4da
    Spectator
    Thank you for your suggestion but drip feed does not accomplish my needs 1. the drip feed does not keep track of the time the student is in the course? I need a time that displays to the student how much time they have spent in the course with the option of admin the set a minimum amount of time the student MUST stay in the course ( 4 hours) while displaying the time on each page (unit,section) to display the time student has been in course . Learndash uses a course timer to track student time spent in course i need a course time tracker that displays time for student https://www.uncannyowl.com/knowledge-base/simple-course-timer/ 2. 1. you suggest using "wordpress session tracker plugin" but I could not find this plugin can you please provide a link or correct name to add plugin I need a timer like simple course timer to work with wplms any suggestions would be helpful
    stefan_lachmann
    Spectator
    Dear all, I support this inquiry. The idea of being able to
    1. Set a minimum time the student needs to spend on a unit before moving on and
    2. Track the time a student has spend on a time (like in Learndash)
    would be great features. Best wishes, Stefan
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @a4da: The session tracker plugin won't help you because you want to track the time per course. But the plugin would track everything and then give the final time. So it won't help you in achieving your requirements. I am moving this topic in our planned features forum, and will add this feature in our future updates.
    a4da
    Spectator
    Thank you that would be great. Need it asap for a project next week. deciding on a theme to use by next week. I will purchase another license and start on project with WPLMS if you think the course timer/tracker visible for student came be added soon?
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Need a Course Timer Plug in that works with WPLMS’ is closed to new replies.