No curriculum = Warning massage on instructing courses page

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues No curriculum = Warning massage on instructing courses page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    isigma
    Spectator
    When there is no curriculum defined for the course, instructor's "instructing courses" page shows warning messages for those courses. Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in U:\domains\business\wp-content\plugins\vibe-course-module\includes\bp-course-functions.php on line 1459
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This is a known issue. We are already working on it. It will be fixed in the next update.
    isigma
    Spectator
    It's still there in 2.0.6.1
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I couldn't replicate the issue on my test setup, refer: http://prntscr.com/aazw7t Try clearing the browser cache.
    isigma
    Spectator
    I did. It doesn't help. An offline course wo curriculum. Tha's the look of instructing page.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well yes this error appears igf you do not set a curriculum in course . atleaset you can set units  with intrudcton in your offline course . Or if it is an offline then why  not enable  hide that start course button on course subscription form course settings ?
    isigma
    Spectator
    I do not hide the button to provide some instructions for the offline course after purchase. Instruction page looks self sufficient, as there are no extra buttons (start, or open the unit) come with it. With even single unit it suddenly becomes complicated and confusing for a user. It only works when I would like to include some pre course quiz, for example. For the same reason I also hide Curriculum mentioning on the course page, if the curriculum is not set. Adding a single unit, again, reveals the curriculum block on the course description page as well. It's just too much 'empty' info for students.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you ca hide the start course button and provide the details in units.there is setting called "Show full units in curriculum" in course please enable that settings .It will allow your users to see the instructions on the course page itself in the popup . .
    isigma
    Spectator
    I think we need to eliminate these messages from appearing completely for two reasons: - what is the point/need to shock students, saying that something is missing? Student shouldn't see any technical messages. They take the course for it's content, not for curriculum. It is our business whether we organize the content according to curriculum, or plan, of timetable, or in another different way. - we will have to work with this, as offline courses are officially supported by WPLMS. Most of the offline courses doesn't have online Curriculum, or it is too much hassle (for offline purpose) to publish it via WPLMS Curriculum feature. WPLMS customers may come up with their own ideas how to use instructions page for their needs. I'm trying to simplify already complicated process of managing LMS content. For me instructions for the course via instruction page is much easier: - they are stored/edited inside of the course.  There is no need to create unites, then catch my texts in units among tons of units. - instruction page only appears for paid students, which allows me to deliver special messages only for current students. Please let me know your opinion.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please note here that the "Curriculum not set" message check ,we have hardcoded it in the theme and also it is necessary for the users to give them warning that there is no curriculum set in the course .As many of the start course page functionality depends on it . to remove it you need to make changes in the theme files directly . So my suggestion would be to just set an introductory unit apart form the course instructions . Add just one unit to the course will remove that warning .
    isigma
    Spectator
    Well, I can find the way around. Still I do not understand the idea. Just imagining myself a student taking that course... Why would I need to know that there is no curriculum set? How does this knowledge relate to the course data, or change my further steps in education?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we cannot remove this warning coz it is important for online curses to have a curriculum in course . Please just add one introductory unit in your offline course .
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘No curriculum = Warning massage on instructing courses page’ is closed to new replies.