Offline Course Progress Bar

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Offline Course Progress Bar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    katsuki23
    Participant
    We are selling offline courses with a set number of  days assigned. How do we change the progress bar to show the class progress in terms of students attendance? We are using course batches. Right now, it is showing 100% complete.  
    Diana
    Participant
    @katsuki23 I am sorry but we don't have this feature right now. We have this setting that calculates course progress on the time elapsed in course/total duration. I guess this will work for you. Edit your course and from the components section enable this setting
    katsuki23
    Participant
    We asked this same question before we bought the theme. You guys said this is possible using Events but now you are saying you dont have this feature? What are our options in terms of tracking and showing student progress? You mentioned time elapsed..does it factor in off days? like if the course is set to start on April 1 and ends on April 20, but weekends are off, and classes are only 5 hours a day.. how does it compute time elapsed? What about the plugin Attendance, how does that function and does it show any data on the student progress bar/dashboard?  
    Scott Lang
    Hi, Attendance plugin is used to mark the course attendance refer to this doc:https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/how-to-use-wplms-attendance/ As the offline course is time:https//wplms.io/support/offline-courses-in-wplms-2-0/
    katsuki23
    Participant
    Will the attendance plugin track attendance per batch or per course?
    katsuki23
    Participant
    I have read the link you gave for offline course and my test course is setup as a time based course but the student dashboard still shows 100% completion. Where/how do you control the time elapsed? also, is there a free trial for attendance? When I click FREE TRIAL on LMS>AddOns it gives an envato unable to connect message  
    katsuki23
    Participant
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    The attendance currently tracks per course. This can be added in the Attendance addon to calculate progress based on attendance. A course setting will be also added, the number of attendances required from user to complete this course.   Let me know if above will suffice your requirements.  
    katsuki23
    Participant
    That would be great but it would be best if it tracks attendance per batch. Just like this post: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/one-course-one-price-multiple-dates-for-every-classes-how/ our classes are setup the same that each batch has a different start date and schedule compared to the other batches. Batch 1 could be monday to friday and Batch 2 could be Saturday-Sunday on only.
    Scott Lang
    Hi, First, explaining the things: Batch is just like the BuddyPress group but some additional things(WPLMS) And this is a group of courses. That means if you joined the batch/group, You will automatically add in batch courses. Track the attendance for some dates you can use attendance plugin. Now come to attendance which only tracks the single course for user attendance refer this doc:https://wplms.io/downloads/wplms-attendance/  
    katsuki23
    Participant
    I understand that but as I said each batch has different schedules..we need it to track the attendance per batch. Example, Batch A has a Monday to Thursday while Batch B has a Thursday to Sunday schedule. if it can just track it by batch then it would handle our requirement. If this is not possible, how about tracking the course progress using the curriculum that the instructor can update? Since its an offline class, its up to the instructor to mark where they are in the curriculum. Again, we set students in batches where the starting date differs. Set A could start March 1 and Set B could start on April 1 We simply need to resolve the course progress showing 100% all the time just because its an offline course.
    Scott Lang
    Track the attendance per batch is not available. As you are using an offline course the progress is calculated based on time(not curriculum). You can only track attendance per course for a student.
    katsuki23
    Participant
    How is time computed? I just made a course and signed up for it, already my dashboard is saying 100% completion
    katsuki23
    Participant
    Ah, I figured it out, because we were using batches/group to denote the start date, we weren't actually entering a start date on the official course. Ok, so this won't work. We need a way to set and keep track of attendance per batch OR set time elapsed per batch by adding a start and end date per batch. Do you accept customization and how much would it be to just add a start and end date per batch? I mean, you already have variable pricing, isn't that attached per batch, can we not set something similar for start & end date?  
    Scott Lang
    Hi, You can just use the attendance plugin to track course progress of a specific date. Like for Monday-Friday: course-1 Saturday-Sunday: course-2 And track the attendance for different courses.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Offline Course Progress Bar’ is closed to new replies.