Open custom login page on clicking top login button

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Open custom login page on clicking top login button

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tutsone
    Participant
    I am using a membership plugin and set a custom login page on my site. So I want to rediect top login button to custom page instead opening login popup. http://imgur.com/gallery/vx2UYV7 Is there any way to override the event listener to open a page instead of that popup to appear
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Yes, you can create a custom login button and add the url of that page on click of that button and hide the previous login button by using custom css.
    tutsone
    Participant
    I am using this code from https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/login-with-upme/ this code was working before update 3.7 but just after the update login button now opens login popup. Why?
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){ jQuery('.logged-out a.smallimg.vbplogin').on('click',function(event){ event.preventDefault(); event.stopPropagation(); window.location = '/login'; }); });
    Diana
    Participant
    @tutsone Need your credentials to check this at your end. This code is unaffected by updates. Still, it is not working which is a kind of strange issue. Make sure you have added the code with script tags P.S. Mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials
    tutsone
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    tutsone
    Participant
    Do I need to edit core Wordpress files to fix this? or wait for a fix to release
    tutsone
    Participant
    I have edited both core files ie; wp-embed.js and wp-embed.min.js, after that uncaught error disappeared from the console, but it won't resolve my issue   but a slight modification in the above code, a.smallimg.vbplogin to a.vbplogin made it work again.
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){ jQuery('.logged-out a.vbplogin').on('click',function(event){ event.preventDefault(); event.stopPropagation(); window.location = '/login'; }); });
    Now everything works fine. You can close this topic.
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Thanks for confirmation, closing this topic as your issue is resolved now.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Open custom login page on clicking top login button’ is closed to new replies.