Possible to enable forums without running setup again?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Possible to enable forums without running setup again?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    senorchavez
    Participant
    For testing / debug purposes I didn't enabled forums during setup. I figured it was a plugin I could enable later. Now that I've completed most of my testing, I would like to enable them. Is there a way to do this without running setup again? If I do have to run setup, is there a way to do so while keeping most of my settings?
    senorchavez
    Participant
    I figured it out by following the instructions here: https://vibethemes.github.io/wplms-docs/installation.html
      <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">Login to your WordPress Admin pabnel (WP-Admin) <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">Go to WP admin - Appearance - Setup Wizard <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">You'll be prompted with a screen which has a blue button "Restart the setup Wizard" <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">Click on the button to restart the setup wizard <li style="box-sizing: border-box;">Make sure you "Skip the step" which you do not want to repeat
    I checked off discussion forums, then I choose to install plugins and create required pages, but I skipped everything else. I imagine recreating the required pages wasn't necessary, but since I hadn't altered them at all yet I had nothing to lose by having those regenerated.
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    You have to activate bbpress plugin to enable forum, no need to run setup wizard again.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    You know you can always go back to setup wizard from WP Admin - Appearance - Setup Wizard and then leave the setup wizard in between by closing the browser window :).
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible to enable forums without running setup again?’ is closed to new replies.