Possible to have one unit be a free preview of paid course?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Possible to have one unit be a free preview of paid course?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Hi, we have paid courses consisting of multiple units (lessons). Is it possible to let customers preview one of the units before purchasing? This would let them see if they like the instructor, course style, etc. before clicking "Purchase this course." If this is possible, can you show me how this is set up? Thanks!
    sandy
    Yes, when you create a unit, Mark the unit as "Free" in the unit settings. Refer this : http://prntscr.com/9c1oih Let us know if this helps.
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    This is great news! Okay- follow-up question: Is it possible then to have a link in the course listings page (/allcourses) so that a visitor can click to sample a course right there? (see attached screenshot). Thanks
    sandy
    Apologies, as of now this is not available.
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Ok, understood. Can you suggest another method to make a visible link for visitors to quickly sample a unit when browsing courses? This would be a very good marketing tool. Thanks :)
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well.. you can make a unit free .Free units can be seen by the users in course -> curriculum page .
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Thanks for showing me how to make a unit free (good news). I'm wondering if there's a way to link that page in the course listing somehow..? So visitors will get to it in one step/click when browsing courses? Can the course listing format be edited to include one more line of text (w link to that course's curriculum page > free unit? If not, can I create a page that lists the free units on all the courses? It could be our "sample unit" page. Your thoughts?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Sorry the only way to allow users to show that free unit is to naviagte to the course page . However there is an option in wplms to "show curriculum below course description:  in LMs -> settings .You can enable it .
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible to have one unit be a free preview of paid course?’ is closed to new replies.