Post Sub-title with REST API

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Post Sub-title with REST API

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Juippi
    Spectator
    Hi, I'm trying to make a REST API request to display a new article. However, I'm missing the Post sub-title. I'm using: jQuery.getJSON('/wp-json/wp/v2/posts', function(response){console.log(response);}); I get basically every other element that I need but not the sub-title. Any ideas how I can register that with the API?  
    Juippi
    Spectator
    Got it to work after digging through the WPLMS files and the API docs. For others who might be interested (in functions.php file): add_action( 'rest_api_init', 'register_subtitle' ); function register_subtitle() { register_rest_field( 'post', 'subtitle', array( 'get_callback'    => 'api_get_subtitle', 'update_callback' => null, 'schema'          => null, ) ); } function api_get_subtitle( $object, $field_name, $request ) { return get_post_meta( $object[ 'id' ], 'vibe_subtitle', true ); }
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the information here. If you are adding the code in the function.php file then please use a child theme say blank child theme and then add the code in the function.php file of child theme. Otherwise add the code in the wplms-customizer.php file present in the wplms customizer plugin, as this plugin is exclusively provided for customization purpose and is never updated so the customizations are safe here.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Post Sub-title with REST API’ is closed to new replies.