Prevent headertop from caching

Home Forums Chit Chat General Discussion Prevent headertop from caching

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    learner4life
    Participant
    Is there a way to prevent header / headertop from caching in W3TC? If I enable caching then right after somebody logs in the website still shows the header top with Login | Signup options. But the user has actually logged in. If I go to any other page at all, the pages load again and instead of Logged Out top menu, Logged In top menu is shown. When I disable some particular pages from caching, then everything works as expected. I can't disable caching so I was wondering if it would be possible to prevent just the headertop from caching while letting it cache everything else?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Sorry but I am aware how to prevent caching from the whole page but not from the particular section of the page.
    learner4life
    Participant
    Do you have any other solution? Simple problem is - when the user logs in the social plugin logs person in but doesn't reflect so on the topnav.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I have two recommendations for this. 1) Enable page caching only for non logged in users. 2) For logged in users disable page caching and enable object caching.
    learner4life
    Participant
    Hi, I have done both yet no success.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This is a caching issue. Please try disabling the caching and check the performance of the site is caching really helping you or not.
    learner4life
    Participant
    I know this is a caching issue, but the caching does greatly help with the loading time. There is at least 30-40% improvement with caching that is why I am keen on finding a way with caching enabled. Ofcourse, without caching everything works.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Prevent headertop from caching’ is closed to new replies.