'Private Forum' Issues

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues 'Private Forum' Issues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Clayton
    Spectator
    Hi Vibe, I'm facing issues with forums set to private. Here they are:
    • PRIVATE appearing twice INSIDE forum page. Please see screenshot.
    • When a forum is set to Private, is it possible to hide it from the "forums" page? It doesn't look good or make sense to show Private:Forum Name. Could you please help hiding private forums so that it can only appear through the course page itself?
    • When a user is logged out, the Forum tab under a course suddenly redirects them to the home page leaving the student without any clue about what happened. Is it possible to tell the student that the forum is accessible only in the course?
    Thanks in advance for helping me solve these issues!
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    a. This is not a WPLMS issue. BBPress builds the title even in Twenty Fifteen.  WPLMS only provides styling to BBPress. b. This is default behavior  of BBPress. You can try out bbpress forums for this. c. Good suggestion, we can add this.
    Clayton
    Spectator
    Alright. But what is the solution for this now? I didn't understand if the above reply has provided me a solution or if it hasn't.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please contact the bbpress plugin author and support for this .
    Clayton
    Spectator
    I have removed the Private: Private from the private forums. However, is it possible to hide the course forums from the main forums page. Since, these course forums must be visible to only those who subscribe to the course.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This is not possible as of now in wplms we have not customized the forums much . Can you please create feature request for this here  : https://wplms.io/support/forums/forum/general/feature-request/
    ewanb
    Participant
    Hi Clayton, I'm facing the same issues, can you share your solution please ? Thanks !
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This is an bbpress issue .You can find this link to be helpful : https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/private-appended-twice-to-forum-title/
    ewanb
    Participant
    Thanks Alex
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘'Private Forum' Issues’ is closed to new replies.