Problems with Site export/import

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Problems with Site export/import

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    roath
    Spectator
    Hello, I'm having problems with the import/export feature. I've exported the whole site using Appearance--> Export Wizard. Then I reinstalled wplms in another environment and during the first time setup I imported the previously exported file. Several problems occurred:
    • The index site content appeared blank, only the title visible. I've solved this by going to the page composer and just saving it again (without any modification).

• The course categories that I've created were replaced by the demo's. In my original site I've renamed the demo course categories.

• In a course that I've originally created, the quizzes and units were replaced by some of the demo! That means I have to manually re-add the units/quizzes of the whole course.

• The users were not exported.

Maybe I misunderstood the export function, but am I missing something? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Rodrigo  

Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay it seems like your exported content does not applied while installing the whole demo . We need to test this out .Please provide some time to check this . please do ping back for a reminder .
    Zatakk
    Spectator
    Hi Alex Is this working now ? I am not able to get
    1. download the export done

2. the uploaded content in the cpanel is not complete and is difficult to download

3. I am not sure if this can be imported to a fresh installation.

Please confirm if this tool is working well or not.

Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we have not tried to import the whole site but it does works for importing courses , units, quizzes , questions etc . On a fresh installation it wont work coz it does not set up all the options , plus all the settings and permalinks .  
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with Site export/import’ is closed to new replies.