PWA offline course not downloadable

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting PWA offline course not downloadable

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    Hello!! I was trying out the PWA functionality for my website and it was mentioned that we can unable courses to get downloaded and then later the user can access them offline anytime anywhere. So, after the implementation of service workers and all other setups as mentioned in your youtube tutorial. The Page was running on offline mode without any problem even the courses are available for offline mode. But when clicked on the download button the icon changes and nothing happens. I tried changing the device to narrow down the problem but it seems on both mobile and desktop devices the download course function is not working. Please help. Also, I have checked everything from the PWA FAQ page. The manifest is available and the service worker has green status with no errors highlighted.
    Veronica
    hi can you please share video with us so we can replicate it exactly
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    Hello!! The downloading is no more an issue. I think it was caused due to the cache on both devices. But now exists a new problem for me as I'm creating a course for preschool children most of the units consists of activities that are created with the help of the H5P content type. And after downloading a particular course all the H5P content types are not working in the offline mode. I think the H5P content needs internet access to publish its content. But if so then there is no use of offline mode. Can you suggest to me a way out of this? How can I make the H5P content available in the offline mode i.e. PWA of my website? For clarification here is the video displaying you the overall scenario. PWA Offline Mode
    Veronica
    hi refer: https://youtu.be/2oCL_VJqtzY?t=163 yes h5p contents are not supported in downloadable courses for downloadable course all the content has to be created from wplms editor and that too youtube and vimeo video wont be download as well h5p is different plugins and it uses many scripts of its own
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    So does this means the Quiz created using H5P i.e H5P quiz type created as a quiz won't load in the offline mode?
    Veronica
    hi the H5P quiz won't load offline
    Bhavyatafoundation
    Participant
    So, is there no alternate way to overcome this situation? I mean WPLMS does provide gamification option but that's very limited when compared to the wide range of content type H5P provides. Is there a possibility to get over this situation by any means?
    Veronica
    not right now
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘PWA offline course not downloadable’ is closed to new replies.