query to recalculate results for all courses

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting query to recalculate results for all courses

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Last year you've given me so much wonderful, valuable code. One of them was code so that I could show the amount of badges and certificates given out to members on the course page in the grey course info box. It's not an automatically updated score, I was told that I have to do it manually per course. Which I do when I think about it, not too often... Is it possible to use a query in the database (myphp) to recalculate all these badges/certificates of all courses at once? Thanks in advance, Gijs
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well its not that making a query . That recalculate consists of two steps : 1 . calculating number of badges awarded to the user . 2 . Then updating this result in a course meta . Doing that in one go will definitely going to crash your site as the query for all the courses would be heavy . BTW how many courses do you have currently ? if its more than 30 then single query would be too heavy for your server .
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Yes, more than 45 courses even. Ok. So only 'simple' option is doing them one by one?   Btw, I always select the option to receive an email when you reply. I also got those in the past. But I no longer get them. What am I doing wrong?
    logan
    Yes indeed. maybe you have subscribed many topics thats the reason your server is blocking the emails.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    You can close this one :)
    logan
    Thank you so much dear friend!! All the respect to you. Enjoy the rest of your day and feel free to reach out if you need anything else. We are here 24x7.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘query to recalculate results for all courses’ is closed to new replies.