Question about woocommerce

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS WooCommerce Question about woocommerce

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Hi there, 1) When a new user try to buy a product on my website the Woocommerce creates for her a Wordpress account on the website. Even if she eventually did not buy it! But just reached the payment page. This is not good! How can I change that? I want woocommerce to create the wordpress account only after she successfully buys a product. 2) Can I use this feature - Allow customers to place orders without an account ? I assume this doesn't work with your theme?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . Well you can enable guest checkout froom wp-admin -> woocommerce -> settings -> accounts and privacy . 2 . yes we force user account creation only if the product in cart is a course product . As wplms needs a user account to assign the course to . (this can be disabled with a custom code ) if you wish to . .
    LuizBra
    Participant
    Thanks, Alex! Can you came up with a code to create an account only (!) after a successful payment? I don't know if you thought about this. But the current flow makes no sense. Why would you create an account for somebody that did not pay for the course? Next time they try to buy, the system says you already have an account - but they do not have any purchases! The current flow costs us a lot of money, because our potentials customers couldn't complete a payment after the first try In my opinion this is not a good idea. Instead we should only create an account for a user only after a payment. Does it makes sense? What are your thoughts?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well at the checkout page the process is controlled by the woocommerce and the payment has not been made yet by the customer. But we have to decide before the payment whether to force the account creation or not at this particular time. Coz after that user usually leaves the site and land on the third party payment gateway page , from there we cannot detect whether the payment was completed and create the user's account when he reaches the site again or not . I hope you can understand this thing i tough to handle with almost every payment gateways plugin that woocommerce supports .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Question about woocommerce’ is closed to new replies.