Question Importing Issue

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Question Importing Issue

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mesrick
    Spectator
    So I've been able to questions to import. All the custom fields carry over as expected. But they do not display the answers. While the custom field (vibe_question_options) is populated correctly, when the question is viewed they do not display nor do they show in the area where you'd actually add them when creating the question. It just shows "Add More" even though the custom field is populated. See screenshots. Please advise ASAP.  
    mesrick
    Spectator
    I also noticed the linkage, level, and tags show in the All Questions display but not when editing individual questions.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please share you import file for questions to check this ? Also please share more screenshots as the provided screenshots are not enough to understand the issue .
    mesrick
    Spectator
    Attached is the import file.
    mesrick
    Spectator
    More screenshots, annoted to show what I mean.
    mesrick
    Spectator
    Even more screenshots, annoted to show what I mean.
    mesrick
    Spectator
    Quick update. Resolved a plugin conflict and was able to get tags and linkage to show in backend again on edit screen. No change with the answer options though. They only show when added manually even if the custom field is populated.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay i checked your csv file and try to import two questions and found that one question was imported successfully but other is not and that question was the one which had this text in question options : ¾  . refer : http://prntscr.com/bmlwe9 Please write plain text and remove any special characters used in the csv file. Use proper 3/4 or  three/fourth instead of  ¾ .
    mesrick
    Spectator
    I have over 1000 questions to import. I can't be spending hours checking each question for special characters. There has go to be some work around. And what about a log section for the import so I can at least know what question it stops importing at etc?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well as of now there is no log section available for import . You can check the question from all questions page . Well you have to find the specials texts by some method in spreadsheets . We use wp insert query to import content and sometimes database structure or definitions does not allows to insert special chars due to security .
    mesrick
    Spectator
    Alright I can write a function in excel that will help. But I need to know what special characters to screen/scrub for in advance. I mean is it going to include things that would normally be apart of html code or just superscripts/subscripts? I need an exact list ASAP.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we have tested the imports with the arabic languages as well and there was no problem in importing them . Unfortunately we do not have a list of such symbols or charachters as it is also depending on the encoding of that character . Superscript and subscript is a excel's feature (it encodes and decodes it .) .But the csv file may not support it . i would recommend not to use such excel or word features .
    mesrick
    Spectator
    So the characters that are involved in html codes should be ok?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Yes, the point to note is that csv is a comma separated text file. So, any excel specific characters would work only in excel not in text mode.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Question Importing Issue’ is closed to new replies.