Quit "Read more" in course description

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Quit "Read more" in course description

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    taskforsome
    Spectator
    Hi, After the 2.0.6 upgrade I've noticed that in the course full description there is a "Read more" tag. I want to show the full description in all courses. How it can be done? Thanks
    aces654
    Spectator
    I have the same problem too. Where is the area I can go to disable the read more/less area of course descriptions?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    There is an assumption in the theme that after 1200 characters a read more button would appear. The code detects for read more quick tag and if found adds a read more button. If not found it automatically appends after 1200 characters. We'll add a setting in options panel in the next update for this. Meanwhile, there are two ways to resolve this : a. Edit your course and Add a readmore quick tag at the end of the course description.   OR b. you can use this code snippet to increase it to unlimited length.   add_filter('wplms_course_excerpt_limit','my_custom_wplms_course_excerpt_limit'); function my_custom_wplms_course_excerpt_limit($limit){$limit = 99999;return $limit;}
    frsorin
    Spectator
    Dear Mr. Vibe, I have tried the code snipped and it works but also is generating some errors. My course page is closed by a form, inviting people to send a message. All was fine until I inserted the code into customizer_php. Then, either the form stopped sending emails to me or the page got misaligned by moving the right sidebar on the center bellow course description and bellow message form. I prefer the snipped solution because inserting Read More at the end is not very professional and readers could thing there is more to read while there is noting else. What do you recommend? Regards,
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    There is no relation of the code given above with the form that you have added . Needed admin credentials and site url to check this at your setup . PS : make sure plugins and theme is updated to latest .Mark reply as private while sharing info  .
    ulyssesw
    Spectator
    May i know is it the plugin update or theme update for this option settings to on/off the read more tag? Thanks.
    zablockis92
    Spectator
    Hello, i need to remove " read more", but if i paste you code in functions.php it make more bugs. See in picture.
    zablockis92
    Spectator
    Can you fix it? http://nlp.lv/wp-admin   User : nlplv_testadmin Pas : ukcd5LhxsKrxKK
    zablockis92
    Spectator
    Can You paste correct code? I'm thinking i will use it time.
    zablockis92
    Spectator
    ?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Added the code and now not there is no any read more in course description . Please check after deleting the cache .
    rollingkorea
    Spectator
    Where should I add those code? I want to edit with FTP. Let me know thankx
    sirindesigns
    Spectator
    Hi, Having the same problem like Zablokis92. http://kwik.rlt.com.sg/courses/biology-scholar-plus/. The code was added to wplms-customiser.php like advised. Will participate on this thread to know how this can be solved. Thx.
    zablockis92
    Spectator
    your code make buggs   http://nlp.lv/course/koucings-jeb-jautajumu-burviva-attistibas-trenins-21-marta-un-4-aprili-2-vakari-latviesu-valoda/
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This is a known issue . Quick fix : Add the read more tag at the end of your content to resolve this temporarily . We will remove the "automatic" read more feature from single course page in the next update of wplms .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Quit "Read more" in course description’ is closed to new replies.