Quit "Read more" in course description

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Quit "Read more" in course description

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    zablockis92
    Spectator
    No , it makes 2 read more!   http://nlp.lv/course/ieraugi-sevi-pasvertejuma-attistibas-trenins-jauniesiem-11-un-18-aprili-2-vakari-latviesu-valoda/
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    You need to add the code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :

add_filter('wplms_course_excerpt_limit','my_custom_wplms_course_excerpt_limit');

function my_custom_wplms_course_excerpt_limit($limit){$limit = 99999;return $limit;} Please also note that this is a known issue and will be fixed in the next update of wplms by the end of this week .

Skillboard
    Spectator
    Is this solved now becouse I have now after the update the same problem that I have the read more and do not want it.
    bsk-jojo
    Spectator
    I think its not solved. I updated to the newest version and the last part of the contact-form shortcode is still missing in the course description. You can see it here: http://wp1061218.server-he.de/bsk2016/course/roemerbrief-1/ The full shortcode should looks like this: <span style="line-height: 1.5;">[contact-form-7 id="2159" title="Anmeldung"]</span> If I add a read more tag behind the shortcode, the problem is "solved" but I will not do this in all my course descriptions. Thats not the way to go. I hope this will be fixed soon.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @skillboard: Now by default read more does not appears, it will appear if you explicitly use it. So in previous courses if you have read more tag then please remove it and it will work fine. @bsk-jojo: Working fine at our end, there is no need to use read more. Please share the admin credentials with us to check the issue on your site. PS:Please mark the reply as private while sharing the admin credentials.
    bsk-jojo
    Spectator
    Hi Latiyan, thx for your reply. I hope you will find the bug or missing setting. user: vibe pw: )u5FJ&)5exxxZ682TDoAiVT7 http://wp1061218.server-he.de/bsk2016/wp-admin I tested some things with the description. When you write another word behind the shortcode, the shortcode works well an the word is missing on the website. All the characters after the last "space" in the description is missing on the website. Very strange. The last working version was 2.0.1
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @bsk-jojo: I checked your site and found out that if you give just a space after your shortcode then it works fine, without any space it doesn't. I also tried to replicate the issue on my test setup but I couldn't, so it seems like this issue is coming from some third party plugin or its a site specific issue. I was not able to debug what is causing the issue, so the simple fix for this issue is give a space after the shortcode and it will work fine.
    bsk-jojo
    Spectator
    Hi Latiyan, I found the mistake. You did some changes to the front.php with the update and I had this file in my child theme. Now all works fine.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    OK thanks for confirming.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Quit "Read more" in course description’ is closed to new replies.