Quiz mixed evaluation

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Quiz mixed evaluation

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Hi, In my client's quizzes, there are always such kind of questions which needs manual evaluation. (essay, long answers...) I have checked your documentation and find that system is capable to use automatic and manual (mixed) evaluation together. I have checked in quiz settings the automatic evaluation, and later on, the instructor could overwrite this evaluation manually, mainly on those parts where the automatic does not work. This is fine, but the student will immediately get a message after auto evaluation, that the evaluation is finished. But in our case, this is still pending, till the instructor will not evaluate the quiz manually for those parts which are not possible to evaluate automatically. So how can we tell the system, that until the instructor is not sending out the evaluation by itself, the quiz evaluation is pending...? Is any workaround for that? My idea: It would be enough to put a switch in quiz settings for mixed evaluation to handle this situation. If in automatic mode and mixed off the system will do the auto evaluation and report it as finished evaluation. If auto and mixed are both on, the system will do the auto evaluation but the evaluation report remain pending until the instructor not finishes his manual part and report it evaluated. In such a way you could handle easily almost every possible variation giving to every user the most from auto evaluation method, you have in your system. I think it would be a great possibility for a lot of users and I do not think that it is a big coding problem.
    Diana
    Participant
    Sir, To be honest we really don't have time to take any customization request I can tell you the code and files. You can hire someone and they will do it for you Let me know your thoughts
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Ok. please add me the files and code, I will try to solve it. Do you think that it is possible to do through the customization plugin? But I think it is not customization, it is a problem from real word and lot of customer could use it as a solution for semi-automatic evaluation or let say automatic pre-evaluation, before the final manual evaluation. We can do it now, but not in that clear way as I wrote before.
    Diana
    Participant
    You need to add a setting in quiz for this switch Check code added in these two files: plugins/vibe-customtypes/custom_meta_boxes.php plugins/vibe-customtypes/includes/musettings.php
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have quicly checked the files you recommend. I do not think that those files could help me. The setting here are LMS settings. I have nothing to do with them. My idea is to put a switch in Quiz settings to allow an additional if statement for pending and evaluated status after auto pre-evaluation. So I need some files where those issues are controlled. But again! This solution would be a great feature for everyone not just for me.
    Diana
    Participant
    Please ping me back tomorrow I will share each and everything more clearly
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Ok. I will ping you again tomorrow.
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    You asked me to ping you back for more information.
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have checked both file with attention but I did not see anywhere the possibility to put a setting field in quiz settings. All the settings are for LMS setting. And I did not find any function connected to quiz evaluation, (auto or manual) Could you help me where to find them? Can I use some custom fields added from Wordpress and used in system for additional setup parameter?
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    You helped me a lot with this, Thank you! I have finished the set-up site, it works well, and found where to use the set parameter. There is only one problem to solve: how to pass the parameter from setup to a conditional variable? Something like here: $quiz_auto_evaluate=get_post_meta($quiz_id,'vibe_quiz_auto_evaluate',true) The above is a working parameter. Down is my new parameter but generates a fatal error.
    $quiz_pre_evaluate=get_post_meta($quiz_id,'vibe_quiz_pre_evaluate',true); Where should I define the 'vibe_quiz_pre_evaluate' variable to be able to use in this get_post_meta() function? As it is working with 'vibe_quiz_auto_evalute' variable.
    Diana
    Participant
    get_post_meta is a wordpress function which fetches the values saved in database table post meta with this key value This is how it pass parameters: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_post_meta/ Because there is no meta key set in the table: vibe_quiz_pre_evaluate It is generating fatal error In our code, we are saving that quiz value that it is in auto evaluation mode and in the code we are fetching that information that if it is in aut evaluation mode or not
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Quiz mixed evaluation’ is closed to new replies.