reactivated membership, course buttons reset

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues reactivated membership, course buttons reset

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Hello, So my membership ended, a bought a new one, but now at the courses page (meestergijs.nl/cursusaanbod) it shows that all courses have not yet been started. I only see the START button and not the final score or CONTINUE COURSE button. But plenty of courses had final scores before my membership ended. When I click the course I see START but also that 100% is completed. Or I get the START button but also that 16% has been done. What's this? Can you help and explain? Gijs
    Veronica
    well this can be due to your custom code present in the customizer. need to check your custom code.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Ok. Then my next question is how can I continue to use this code so that even when a membership is expired and gets reactivated the progress is saved and not all course buttons say START? And if that's not possible (which I really would think is something you would want) how can we flush progress for all courses when a deactivated account gets activated WITHOUT losing badges and certificates Gijs
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    No the course status and its progress will remain intact when the course is expired . On re-subscribing the course the progress will remain intact .
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Are you using woocommerce membership or woocommerce subscriptions plugin ?  
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Woocommerce membership, but I also have WPLMS Woocommerce membership addon activated. Can't tell you right now why that is (and why it's necessary). But you probably know that. I have courses, those are one product and that's a membership that lasts a year. Renewal gives access to all courses for another year.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes then this issue will appear as the course is removed from the user when membership expires .This removed many data from the course such as course status (start/continue) (user_expiry)  . User loses total access to course . But then after purcahsing subscription again user added with default values and therefore it shows start course button . FOr this to restrict we would need to modify the code of wplms woocommerce memberhsips addon .  
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Dear Alex, That's not true. The progress is saved (caching perhaps), but the status of the course button just isn't. It also safes badges and certificates. Just saying.. Can we modify the code of WPLMS Woocommerce membership addon? Is that already available? Or do you have another solution? I think members should be able to renew after subscription ends, without loss of data and without having a lesser experience. Gijs
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I've installed it on my staging site. I set expiration date to tomorrow. I will check if progress or endscore is still visible in course buttons.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Ok. So I have installed the new plugin, let my membership expire and then reactivated it. Now all courses, all 60+ of them, have a course button that says CONTINUE. When some where actually completed and had a final score and a lot I didn't even start yet. So it seems the code in the new plugin just changes all course buttons to CONTINUE. I want the stages of progress to still be the same when membership is expired and when it reactivated: START, CONTINUE, FINAL SCORE. Before renewal: https://imgur.com/a/wDghPVs When expired: https://imgur.com/a/jjpYfwn After renewal: https://imgur.com/a/2sAhu4q Is that possible?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes please use this plugin : it will expire the course when memberhsip expires and the course status will retained after renewal : https://bit.ly/2A4fcZ5
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘reactivated membership, course buttons reset’ is closed to new replies.