Registration and Forgot Password Activation email not sending

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Registration and Forgot Password Activation email not sending

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    deoalade
    Participant
    Hello, I bough this theme about a year ago and it has worked well for me. I used it to start an ed-tech company for enterprising bakers. Till this date i have registered about 800 users on the platform. This brings me to my issue, for about a month now users haven't been getting confirmation emails upon signing up and emails also doesn't work for forgot password. I initially thought it was the Easy SMTP plugin that was giving problems so i investigated it. My hosting service said a lot of mails have been defered or bounced due to incorrect email(still leading to the activation email problem). So i decided to stop using an email address from my domain ([email protected]) and decided to use my personal gmail account. For this i had to download WP Mail SMTP and configure it to my gmail account. The test mail was successfully sent with this plugin and i thought this will fix the activation email problem but it didn't. I'm led to believe its an issue with the buddypress plugin. Can you pls investigate it and get back to me     Regards, Ade
    Mk
    Ok, I will check it and reply you. please provide some time.
    deoalade
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mk
    Hey,   Please check Other type of emails such as 'WP Mail SMTP test email', 'WooCommerce order emails' and 'manual user registration via wordpress settings' are working or not?? <hr /> If WP Mail SMTP plugin is not activated then Install and configure WP Mail SMTP plugin also check touch-points in lms setting. <hr /> please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin : add_filter( 'bp_email_use_wp_mail', '__return_true' ); <hr /> let me know the output.
    deoalade
    Participant
    Yes All plugins are working fine and other BuddyPress emails are being delivered with the activation email being the exception. I tested the code you gave in the wplms customizer and the result was a change in the demo. The activation email and forgot password  are still  not working. Please help. It's urgent.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    ok we checked your site and found some plugin to be outdated  . Please update your theme and all the plugins to latest version 3.9.2 . After this you will have to save your custom registration form settings again  . We have some fixed regarding custom registration form recently
    deoalade
    Participant
    I realized the activation mail wasn't sending because of some restrictions on my host, so i changed to a different host and the activation email is now sending. However a couple of issues persist:
    1. Forgot password email is not sending for registered users.

2. Activation email link takes you to page that has a text box and button requesting for an activation key. I would like it to go to the dashboard or home page instead

Please look into this issue for me. I have provided my wordpress details. Its urgent.  

deoalade
    Participant
    Mk
    Go to Wp-admin -> LMS -> settings -> emails -> and check for forget password email template  which doesn't exist. that means by mistake you have delated it. Solution : follow this tip : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/migrate-all-the-wplms-emails-to-buddypress-again/
    Also for other issue: please make sure you have latest theme and plugins which is 3.9.3
    deoalade
    Participant
    Hello, Please review the following issues:
    1. My users cant seem to access all The courses they registered for from their profile tabs.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m5Rd8F-fEOmj-mcbCrTC0KuRVoNcIXip/view?usp=sharing Please look into it. 2.  On mobile version the logo seems to disappear once youve scrolled past the banners https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zAaMiauX8nFH2KETrX7TnsPpuFdQvaSD/view?usp=sharing
    1. Activation email link takes users to an activation page requiring an activation code. the code is not prefilled or anything. How do we get the activation code prefilled upon activation? Alternatively, can we skip the whole activation code process and take the users to the dashboard upon activation?

2. When I followed the instructions in your last reply the Activation and forgot password email started delivering. But now it isnt,  I often encouter constant inconsistencies like these with your system. Please look at my backend and let me know how this can be rectified.

3. Is there a way for the instructor to extend the duration of an assignment from the front end?

Mk
    deoalade
    Participant
    Mk
    Hi we were just updating some plugins on your site to resolve the course not loading issue . But then suddenly site began to show 500 errors . Can you please immediately share your valid ftp credentials in private reply to resolve this issue .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hello we are waiting for your response .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hello I just checked and it looks like you have now restored from backup but to fix the my courses page not loading issue we need your valid ftp credentials in private reply .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Registration and Forgot Password Activation email not sending’ is closed to new replies.