Registration Page problem

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Registration Page problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    junayd
    Spectator
    Hello, The registration page on my site, which is controlled by Buddy Press has duplicated student bio sections, it is duplicated three times https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ydIoDLms51m2exjgkjYFwWKhfBAHCGBs/view?usp=sharing How can I amend this, or better still, how an I setup my own registration page rather than using the Buddy Press one, which I tried using and even after selecting the ReCaptcha box and the tick showing, I got an error message saying that I need to click the box to confirm I am not a robot. Many thanks Junade Zakir
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    TO get the captcha please goto wp-admin -> wplms -> miscellaneous -> enter google captcha public private keys . To amend fields please goto wp-admin -> users -> profile fields . There you can delete or add fields .
    junayd
    Spectator
    Many thanks for your help.  I have changed the fields in the User/profile fields page, and I had already added my keys for Google ReCaptcha - but after adding details to the registration page, and clicking on the ReCaptcha box, and selecting the correct images, then getting a green tick from the ReCaptcha box and then clicking on 'Complete sign up', i get the following error message '<span style="background-color: transparent; color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">You must check that box to say you're not a bot.' </span> <span style="background-color: transparent;">I don't get this error when signing in, only when registering.  However when signing in, I get two boxes asking me to confirm that I am not a bot - one just a check box and the other the Google ReCaptcha box -that might be the problem, but I don't know how to fix it, because the second box doesn't appear on the Registration page. </span> Thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    please share your site url , admin credentials in private reply to check this issue at your end .
    junayd
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    junayd
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    ok i looked into it . two reason for this issue :
    1. either the google public recaptcha or private key are not correct that you filled in wp-admin-> wplms -> miscellaneous /. Try to create new keys .

2. OR some third party plugin is conflicting with it . try to deactivate all your third party plugins related to login and security plus caching plugins and then check this issue again .

junayd
    Spectator
    OK, will check that and get back to you Thanks J Zakir
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    sure .
    junayd
    Spectator
    Hello again, I figured out what was going on - basically I have the Shield Security Plugin and was using that for login and registration page security.  I deactivated the registration page security and the registration page is working now, however I did have some failed Googler ReCaptcha warnings in the beginning. Now that users are able to register, and after receiving the activation email and clicking on the link, they are taken to page which asks them to enter a valid activation key.  There is an activation key entered in the box and a blue 'Activation' button.  After pressing this the account is activated.  My question is, is this activation key page a part of WPLMS or can it be deactivated and are there any security risks if deactivated? Many thanks Junayd
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well no this is not coming from wplms at all.This is coming from buddypress plugin . Im am not sure but I think this setting may disable this activation key check , try to set a activation redirect page from wp-admin-> wplms -> Buddypress ->Redirect page on account activation .   IF above does not works then you can try using the custom registration forms .It has ability to register the user and login automatically : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/custom-registration-forms-in-wplms/  
    junayd
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, I have opted to stay with the current configuration - I just wanted to know how I can customise the activation email that is sent to a new user when they first register? Many thanks Junayd
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    To edit that email please goto wp-admin - > lms -> settings -> emails -> email options -
    there you can see a link to edit activation email .
    junayd
    Spectator
    Many thanks Alex
    logan
    Closing this topic.
    Best regards :)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Registration Page problem’ is closed to new replies.