Remove parent from sub category

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Remove parent from sub category

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Hi, In wplms v4, i would like to make the category list a bit more user friendly. I would like to get rid of the parent category and just only show the subcategories. Primairly i want to get rid of part before the ">". See: https://prnt.sc/111akpd So e.g. of the cat: "Design > 3D Vormgeving", i only want to show "3D Vormvgeving" (so cut out "Design >" part). kind regards
    Diana
    Participant
    In wordpress logic, you cannot fetch child categories without parent category. So not possible
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    For sure you can. Where is the code located? I will take a look there.
    Ada
    Participant
    The DOM structure is created using react js. I can only check if we have any hook there or not which can filter the course categories with the sub categories, If there will be no hook, then it is not possible to filter out the categories here (while editing course, and selecting the course categories)
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Ok that would be great :)
    Ada
    Participant
    Hi, As I said in previous reply, there is no hook to filter out the categories so it would not be possible to show only child categories.
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    Would be great if you can add one :).
    Veronica
    hi we can't add-hook like this the structure is already defined if you want then you can create a feature request
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    It would be really great if you can add more hooks in general that would give so much more flexibility :).
    Veronica
    hi for now, we can't add filters randomly because the structure is already predefined but can take a look if we change the code to the new technology
    gsjaak_118
    Participant
    when will you go to the new technology?
    Veronica
    hi for now, we are already v4 is totally on a new one no idea when we are going to change the technology as we are using the latest one
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove parent from sub category’ is closed to new replies.