rename the wplms theme

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting rename the wplms theme

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    traptiagrawal2015
    Participant
    Hi, I am trying to rename the theme, but not able to do so. I get the error that the website is experiencing technical difficulties. And then, I also tried to make use of a child theme. even that is not working. As, when the child theme was effective the site-design was broken. I simply want to change the real name of the theme and make it safer from detection.   Please suggest. Also I could not find the proper documentation to use the child theme with your theme. Thanks. Trapti Agrawal
    traptiagrawal2015
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ffpaq
    Spectator
    Also a good point to keep our competitive advantage for a little longer, what was the solution here?
    logan

hello,

If you are trying to change your theme name only in Appearance -> Themes, then you have to change the theme name in "style.css" file of your theme and if you want to change your theme name everywhere then use wp hide my site plugin for it.

Plugin Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/hide-my-wp/

logan

hello,

If you are trying to change your theme name only in Appearance -> Themes, then you have to change the theme name in "style.css" file of your theme and if you want to change your theme name everywhere then use wp hide my site plugin for it.

Plugin Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/hide-my-wp/

traptiagrawal2015
    Participant
    Hello Moderator, with reference to my first sentence in my first post in this case, I have tried changing the theme name in the style.css and the appearance as well. That is not working and the the site shows the error that it has having some technical difficulties. That is the reason I thought of making use of the child theme. Would you like to try renaming the theme on the test server or on the live server?  
    traptiagrawal2015
    Participant
    Hi moderator, I have also purchased the hide my wp plug in earlier, and it was not working, so now I have the only option left to rename the theme, or make use of the child theme. please help.
    traptiagrawal2015
    Participant
    Hello moderator, I am awaiting your response. Request you to please provide a solution. I am again trying with the rename the folder and change the name in the style.css file and that does not work. and trying the child folder option as well. Please share any missing information, which is not shared with us yet.
    logan
    Hi Participant, first rename in the style.css then add these codes into the customizer plugins and change your names. define('THEME_SHORT_NAME','myname'); define('THEME_FULL_NAME','MYNAME'); define('VIBE_PATH',get_theme_root().'/myname');
    traptiagrawal2015
    Participant
    Hi Support, Thanks for the response. Do you mean the WPLMS Customizer plugin? where do I add the above given code in that customizer? Please clarify that. Thanks.  
    logan
      Hey there, Please paste this snippets in your wp-admin >> plugins >> editor >> wplms-customizer plugin >> wplms-customizer.php Or in Please add this code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin by using your FTP/SFTP/cpanel:
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘rename the wplms theme’ is closed to new replies.