Role for Viewing Stats for All Students in Course in Aggregate

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Role for Viewing Stats for All Students in Course in Aggregate

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    icmelearning
    Spectator

I think the Batch plugin looks great for what it is intended. I am anticipating getting it for a different reason and I wonder if perhaps it will suffice or if there is another way to achieve what I’m looking to do.

I like how the Batch moderator has the ability to view the statistics for the batch, but they can’t edit the course, etc. I am looking for a way to give specific users the ability to view the statistics for a course, but not have the ability to edit the course or admin students. I would want this ability to be course specific, so that the specific users could only view stats for specific courses, not all courses. By viewing statistics I mean viewing the stats page as well as being able to download the statics CSV as well.

It seems that the Batch plugin would let me do that, by requiring users to be a member of a batch to take a course, creating one batch for the course that users would then have to join (we’ll call this batch “all course students batch”), and then assigning the specific user (we’ll call this user “statchecker”) as a moderator with statistics visibility. The drawback to this method is that it now locks me into only having one batch for the course if I want statchecker to be able to view the stats for the entire course in aggregate. If I create a second batch for the course (for example a time specific batch that we’ll call “time batch”), now students will have two batches to choose from when signing up for the course (“all course students batch” and “time batch”). I could make statchecker the moderator on both batches, but now my “all course students batch” doesn’t really contain all of the students from the course since the students in “time batch” aren’t in “all course students batch”.

Is there a way that I can give statchecker the ability to check the stats for all of the students in the course and still use the Batch add-on as intended? We tried setting up statchekcer as an Instructor on the course, but that also gave statchecker more capabilities than we’d like, and that also listed statchecker on the front end as an instructor for students to see which we didn’t want. Is there a role that just allows this user to access course statistics?

H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Sorry this is not possible because the batches are built for specific groups only, if the group moderator is able to see all the student's stats then it violates the batch concept and therefore its not possible in wplms.
    icmelearning
    Spectator
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Originally we used the Instructor role to accomplish this however that didn't quite meet our needs because the Instructor role had more capabilities than what we wanted the statchecker to have. Plus the Instructor user account is listed on the course front end and is visible to students which is also something we didn't want. Could perhaps some modifications be made to the Instructor role to create a new role that allows for access to stats, but not the other capabilities?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The capabilities cannot be changed, but you can try using third party plugin such as user role editor plugin, this will allow you to modify the user role capabilities.  
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Role for Viewing Stats for All Students in Course in Aggregate’ is closed to new replies.