S3 assets does not get displayed due to SSL issue

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS S3 S3 assets does not get displayed due to SSL issue

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    deshtek
    Participant
    I am creating a site using your product WPLMS and also using the S3 AddOn. I have also installed the SSL certificate in my site ( Just getting started ). However the s3 assets ( tested only one image ) is not displayed in Safari and in Chrome the green padlock is missing. Content(image) get displayed as NO secure. This is due to the SSL certs in the S3. Don't quite know how to fix this issue . P.S. I am also using the "<span style="color: #000000; font-family: -apple-system, system-ui, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-weight: 600; orphans: 2; white-space: nowrap; widows: 2;">Really Simple SSL" plugin in my site.</span> And you can checkout this page to see the issue. https://deshtek.com/hello-world/ Thanks in advance. -Deshtek
    deshtek
    Participant
    More info. I have setup a CNAME in CloudFlare to the s3 bucket(bucket name is my subdomain) that I have. Now with my subdomain name I can use HTTPS to get the assets and the Green Padlock show correctly when I hit the link. However WPLMS S3 plugin does not have a way to use the subdomain name. The plugin always uses Amazon S3 Host to get the assets. Therefore even after setting up a CNAME your plugin does not work properly with the SSL If your plugin has a way to take a subdomain name when getting the assets for the users that should resolve this issue. -Deshtek
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please try changing the default host settings in your wp-admin=> lms-> settings -> wplms s3 : http://prntscr.com/ep3c0w
    deshtek
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    It seems there is an issue in your bucket name . PLease try creating a new bucket without dot (" . ") or any special cahracter .Simply try creating bucket with just letters like "desh" or "test" and then upload an image to it and check if this image appears ?
    deshtek
    Participant
    Using different bucket name ( example deshtest) doe not work . I already tried that at first. Since that didn't work I tried with the CNAME. Like I said the using your plugin resources or assets get referenced as "bucket name.s3host/path" and s3 host does not match my domain and that is the reason for no green padlock. Have you tried your plugin with SSL , if so were you able to get it working? If so please let me know the steps that you followed. Thanks -Deshtek
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well i checked this issue and find out that server ssl certificate is not valid or not signed by a signing authority .The image is not appearing because browser is refusing to load it from insecure server .
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘S3 assets does not get displayed due to SSL issue’ is closed to new replies.