S3 upload error when specifying a bucket in WPLMS S3 settings

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues S3 upload error when specifying a bucket in WPLMS S3 settings

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mehranamirli
    Participant
    When I do not choose a specific S3 bucket to use in Settings>WPLMS S3, I can normally upload files to either of the existing buckets and use them. However, when I try to specify a bucket to use in Settings>WPLMS S3, I get this error in the upload window after the upload (I can browse the list of existing files in the bucket though): "There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions. Learn more about debugging in WordPress." I tried my luck in different buckets, used both default s3.amazonaws.com hostname and hostname/endpoint with region indicators (which are both US regions), none of my tries succeded. Note that I created an IAM user for a specific bucket in my account for other purposes as well. But don't think this should be a problem (1) as I can upload files when I do not specify a bucket in the settings and (2) I encountered the same error when I had only one bucket. I want instructors to see and use only one bucket. So would like to use/show only one bucket for instructor uploads. How can I fix this issue?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    CAn you please share your site url , admin creds and if possible your server php error log in private reply ?
    mehranamirli
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi it seems like you forgot to share the site url. Please share your site url in order to check this issue . I checked this at localhost and its working fine .  
    mehranamirli
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    mehranamirli
    Participant
    Many thanks. It definitely works. Did you enable plupload by inserting a code/function somewhere? Should I worry about the loss of customization after plugin/theme updates?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    No it was a setting in wplms s3 settings . NO it wont be  lost on update .
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘S3 upload error when specifying a bucket in WPLMS S3 settings’ is closed to new replies.