SCORM 1.2 – documentation

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues SCORM 1.2 – documentation

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ccuzzoni
    Participant
    Good morning, due the need of work hard with the standard SCORM within WPLMS and I would like to know if there's a documentation dedicated to developers where I can get the following informations:
    • does the embedded SCORM support all the API (getter/setter) for 1.2 and 2004 as per ADL documentation?
    • what are the tables tinvolved in the SCORM process and used store the tracking informations for the activities achieved by the user?
    • is already present some sort of report that summarize all the actions taken by the user during the interaction with the learning object?
    • inside the WPLMS course settings what are the customized behaviours already present for the view where the LO will be embedded (ex. force the window popup to be the only with the focus and stay in the front, etc.. etc..)?
    • if those behaviours typically used by the learning objects are some provided by the WPLMS itself, is there a documentation for set em up?
    Kind regards in advance for the support, I am at your disposal to clearify or give more information if one or more questions inside this post are not clear. Chris
    ccuzzoni
    Participant
    Any chance of receiving an answer? Is there an ETA for this Q&A support forum?!?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . yes wplms records the user progress in the scorm package and when user comes back to course course resumes from there .We are using scorm own api for this purpose to get the progress and other related data and then push to scorm again by setter . 2 . we use to store all the data in one meta in the usermeta table . 3 . well the scorm package provides the data in encrypted format itself.We cannot process this data and record it . however we do this in case of tincan as it provides event and its details for each action performed by the student . 4 . there is none in case of scorm packages . 5 . please refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/scorm-compliance/
    ccuzzoni
    Participant
    Thank you for your courtesy and answer, one fast recap for the answer for  point 1. So accordingly with what you said, if all the mandatory API are present for SCORM 1.2 as example, I can use suspend data to store all the needed information in a stringify json as I do in all the other LMS that use the standard SCORM, correct? Kind regards, Chris  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes that suspend data is stored in usermeta table for the user and is fetches whenever its needed and whenever this data changes we update this metadata also in the usermeta table. We have a api written for this .
    ccuzzoni
    Participant
    Good morning, finally I made a full test with a learning object that also got a debug interface. Since I am testing right now using the course that I have created I got a couple more questions.
    • you said that the values are stored in one field of the table "usermeta", but as far I see no new field are create for the user that is testing the course. The user utilized to test is also the course creator, this could affect this test anyhow?

• what is the name of the field of the table "usermeta" where the values are stored?

• Is there an option to have a button "exit activtity" like for example other LMS (Moodle, Opigno, etc.. etc..)? If not, what is the action that has to be taken by the user to leave the course and let the learning object save silently? Do you think or suggest that I add this "exit activity" button in learning object if is not an option available in WPLMS?

• As far as I tested the communication between the learning object and the LMS is well established, the learning object set value for lesson_status, lesson_location, session_time, but when I move away from the course and enter again the course just start from the beginning. I have tested the learning object on other LMS and works correctly, so I believe that I am missing something as a futher algorithm or parameter to take in order to let the learning object save and retrieve the lesson_location and continue.

I watched the video suggested, is nice, but not explanatory of all the missing parts of the puzzle in order to achieve a fully functional course with a learning object. I will appreciate a full answer or further documentation about this topic. Kind regards, Christian Cuzzoni

logan
    1. The Scorm records user progress in user meta. There is only 1 user meta per SCORM component which we need to maintain and initialise when the user re-opens the SCORM package again.
    2.  Search the usermeta table with Key like 'wplms_scorm%' , wplms_scorm_'.$module_id.'_'.$_POST['key'] the modID and the key is the ID value in the manifest xml
    1. I am sorry, I did not understand this. The user can simply close the browser tab or lick on any menu link to migrate away from the page and the SCROM activity recording will pause.

2. Make sure you're logged in and checking the Course SCORM object in the Course Status page. The SCORM loader makes API hits and records values in user meta table. So, the progress is connected to the user.

ccuzzoni
    Participant
    Hi Logan, I made several tests, try to start with a clean installation also, but in the table usermeta no sign of a meta_key like that. Whatever is the learning object that I upload (tried many learning object that I built in the past for debugging in such situations also), the LO talk with the LMS, but the LMS does not write a single line in the DB (if is supposed to write a metadata as you have written above). How can we overcome, I need absolutely to accomplish within few days. I am at your disposal to give access to a new clean installation and also access to the DB. I need to make WPLMS write in the DB. Please tell me how to help you helping me. Kind regards, Chris  
    Diana
    Participant
    @ccuzzoni, Did you perform these steps? Still, it is not working?? refer: http://prntscr.com/r8zyhz
    ccuzzoni
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi no need to worry please simply share your site url , admin credentials , valid ftp credentials and the scorm package as well to check what exactly is not working in your packages in wplms.
    ccuzzoni
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well  I just checked your site and found that the scorm package you have does not triggers any progress data and this is why its not updating the values . However the api is working all fine . I would request your to you try a package with quiz or something else rather than using the video packages  .
    ccuzzoni
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This time you have uploaded the whole tester package itself . which will definately wont run on wplms lms pacakge . I had a sample package but I lost it , you need to package that would have quiz in it and directly upload and while uploading the scorm package version is 1.2 and you have selected that version in the dropdown itself and also it wont run in popup , it has to opened in iframe itself,
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘SCORM 1.2 – documentation’ is closed to new replies.