Search Issues

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Search Issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Blue Moth
    Participant
    Good afternoon, Thank you for the great theme. When I search anywhere on my website using the search bar it doesn't search the resources that I have added or the tags that are on the resources. It only searches "pages" and "courses". How can I change the search so that it queries my whole website? Sincerely, - BM
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, will you please tell us the things you want to become search able. It will be great if you tell us the required things.
    Blue Moth
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Is your all units are free ? The units and unit contents are paid thats why we avoid to make them searchable to avoid unwanted access on them.
    Blue Moth
    Participant
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Blue Moth
    Participant
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Well the code i have sent to you is working well on our test site. Please check if you are missing any syntax( ; or }) in the code. Please download the code from here : https://ufile.io/bxkot copy the code from this file and paste in wplms-customizer.php file.
    Blue Moth
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    remove previous code and add this one : add_filter( 'register_post_type_args',function($args, $post_type){ if($post_type == 'unit'){ $args['exclude_from_search'] = false; } return $args; },10,2);
    Blue Moth
    Participant
    Perfect thank you! That worked well. For anyone else looking the code was: add_filter( 'register_post_type_args',function($args, $post_type){ if($post_type == 'unit'){ $args['exclude_from_search'] = false; } return $args; },10,2);
    Blue Moth
    Participant
    The code that worked, for others looking, was the following snippet added to wp-content/plugins/wplms-customizer/wplms-customizer.php: add_filter( 'register_post_type_args',function($args, $post_type){ if($post_type == 'unit'){ $args['exclude_from_search'] = false; } return $args; },10,2);
    Blue Moth
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster

Well if you added this code in wplms customizer pluign then there is not need to worry .

Wplms customizer never gets update ,so your code is safe and it wont be overwritten

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Issues’ is closed to new replies.