Seperate Database Tables

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request Seperate Database Tables

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dantwah
    Spectator
    The feature request is less of a feature - more of an optimization idea. As we are currently growing and growing, our database is getting fairly large. Now, all the courses, units, quizes & questions are saved in the posts and postmeta table. This is putting an immense load on the tables (1mln+ rows), especially when you have around 9k units. Especially combined with WooComm, which is putting 50 rows on every order in the postmeta as well. WooCommerce will be putting their data in seperate tables, probably 2019 somewhere. I think for WPLMS this would be very wise to do as well, especially for bigger E-learning environments. This would also mean that we could do interesting stuff more easily with multisites (for example, using one course DB, which multiple sites can dive in to); so using the same courses tables for the complete multisite environment if wished for. I know it will require a huge change in structure and problems with backwards compatibility. However, I do believe this would be the right way to go for optimizing speed & stability of the WPLMS system. Now everything is queried and loaded from the postmeta, which is getting huge (even with regular cleaning, no postrevisons, etc etc). Would this be something that is possible? Maybe first using CRUD (see how WooComm does it), for database purposes. Then we could work on something like this. Offcourse we are willing to test & help with thinking it out. Very curious to your take on this!
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    From what I understand this is something they try to establish with the wplms 4.0 coming. Perhaps even before the first of May, what was said to me.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Seperate Database Tables’ is closed to new replies.