Several Issues in WPLMS Appointment Add-on

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Appointments Several Issues in WPLMS Appointment Add-on

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    z14165899
    Participant
    Hello Customer Support: I really like all the features provided in this appointment management add-on, but I have the following issues that I do not know how to solve during the setup of this add-on:
    1. I enabled all three buttons (Show book button in Course featured blocks, Show book tab in Course, and Show book button in Instructor names) in the setting of this add-on. All the buttons show up in the corresponding places but none of them works. Book tab in the course takes users to the same page, and the other two buttons direct users to 404 error pages.
    2. When users click on the appointment tab in the instructor profile page, the menu bar (including activity, profile, friends, groups, buddydrive, etc) of the instructor disappears, and users have to click on the instructor name or picture again to make the menu bar show again. This situation does not occur on other tabs, like activity, friends, etc. Is there any way to make the menu bar always display as long as the user is still in the instructor profile?
    3. When I logged in as an instructor, I go to my Dashboard ->Appointments -> Student View. After click on the Student View tab, the entire submenu including Bookings, Instructing Appointments, Settings and Student View disappears, and I have to click on the Appointment tab again for the submenu to display again. Is there any way to avoid this and make the submenu always display as long as the user is on the Appointment tab?
    4. In the setting of Appointment inside the LMS Setting, I can set Appointments Instructor fields (for directory search). I like this feature which allows instructors to choose options from a dropdown list, but there is no way to change the text of an option after inputting value and label and clicking the Add button. This means that I may need to delete an entire Searchable Instructor Field if I input one value wrong one day. Could you please tell me how to edit an option inside a Searchable Instructor Field in the setting?
    5. The Appointment Directory Page is very useful, and I plan to make it accessible for all students to pick their favourite tutors. However, it is helpful and useful to have more information about each instructor besides having only those fields set in Appointments Instructor fields (for directory search). For example, I want the subjects that each instructor can teach as well as some summary about each teacher to show as well. Please let me know if this is possible and will you add these features to this add-on?
    I will wait for your reply and provide you with my Wordpress dashboard access information if you want. Thank you for your help and have a nice day.     Best Regards  
    Diana
    Participant
    @z14165899 Point 1: Resave your permalinks from wp-admin > settings > permalinks : http://prntscr.com/og42kx Then check again it will work definitely. Whenevr you face any issues of error 404. Once try re-saving your permalinks Point 2: Did you mean, this scenario: Like when user(logged in as student), in book tab the buddypress menus are not visible. If yes, then yes this is a bug which you will get as fixed in our upcoming update. If you want to fix this on your site. Then share your credentials. I will add a fix on your site Point 3: This is related to point no 2. It will be fixed once i add the fix for point 2 Point 4: If it is like you want to change the text displayed on the searchable field then you can translate that using Loco Translate Plugin Point 5: http://prntscr.com/og477u From LMS > Settings > Appointments Tab You can add the bio by editing the profile of instructors. This will be visible in the directory search   If you still face any issue then do share the wp admin credentials with site URL here in a private reply. I will check that
    z14165899
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    z14165899
    Participant
    Hello Customer Support: I think that point 1 is now fixed and thank you for your help. Could you please help me to fix 2 and 3 and show me how to do 4 and 5 using the credential provided to you? Thank you for your help and have a nice day.     Best Regards
    Diana
    Participant
    z14165899
    Participant
    Hello Customer Support: I find another issue with WPLMS. When an instructor disables the "Enable booking" checkbox in the setting of the appointment tab, the "Instructor Directory" page still shows that instructor in the appointment directory. When student users click on the "Book Lesson" button on that instructor who disables the "Enable booking" option, a 404 error page is shown. I think that instead of showing a 404 error page, the instructors who disable the "Enable booking" option should not appear in the appointment directory so that students can no longer see those instructors unavailable for booking. Please let me know how to solve this issue. Thank you.     Best Regards,
    Diana
    Participant
    z14165899
    Participant
    Diana
    Participant
    z14165899
    Participant
    Hello Diana: The FTP credential that I provided to you works because I also gave this to one of other customer supports - Ava in the Styling Issue forum, and she was able to log into my FTP account and gave me a solution. Besides, I used a screenshot from GoDaddy dashboard to give you the FTP credential instead of typing them by hand so that there should be no error there. Please check if you type everything correctly and try again. I already saw that the menu appearance issue of student view on the instructor side has been fixed, so I think that you logged in my account before and fixed it. There are also many other bugs in this newly released plugin, so I made a Youtube video to share with you. Here is the link https://youtu.be/dmOt-jJnKTY This is a 27 minutes video, and I know it is a kind of long. However, please take a look at from beginning to the end and give me some feedback. Thank you for your help and have a nice day.     Best Regards,
    Diana
    Participant
    @z14165899 The Bug of Buddypress tab not visible in student view when student logged in . This is fixed and today an update of appointments is released so please update the plugin and the bug will be resolved. About the video, as this is quite a long video I need to check first and then only I can respond back to you
    z14165899
    Participant
    Hello Diana: I just want to know if you have a chance to watch the video that I posted for your team. Also, as you said you will share a video on how to add a short description in the appointment directory. Please let me know where I can find your video. Thank you for your help.     Best Regards,
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thanks for the detailed video. I see there are is a lot of confusion in the interpretation of how appointment works. I will post a video today to clarify the doubts you're having. From the video, most of your confusion is related to "what is where" and "how to do" , and there is 1 bug which we could confirm. Of course, it also highlights the fact that we need to train users with a tour guide like we have for WPLMS, so that user is able to find things easier and faster. So, we're adding this in our next update of appointments.
    Diana
    Participant
    @z14165899 Here is the detailed video with step by step instructions: Yes, that was a bug, the selected schedule should be highlighted. We fixed that bug as you can see in the video: The second thing, you mentioned in the video was what is the use of show calendar and the icon of calendar The functionality of both are same. No, that was not the case. Actually the "show calendar link will show the events of that particular schedule whereas the icon of calendar will show all the available schedule of that month refer: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqiTlGOaun The FTP credentials which I asked for fixing the bugs of buddypress tabs are now fixed in the version 1.2 released yesterday. So updated your plugin. Here is the log: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-appointments-update-1-2/ How appointments work: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/book-instructor-in-wplms-appointments/ How to add short description: sharing a video in a while
    z14165899
    Participant
    Hello Diana: Thank you for your reply. I hope that I can see that description video soon. Do not worry, I do not mean to make a video and damage WPLMS's reputation. That video has already been deleted from Youtube. I just want to let your developer team know that there are many things make users confused, and I really hope that you can correct them soon so that I can use this addon smoothly. I am currently using Sabai Directory + Bookly to build the Appointment system, and I found that this is a very powerful solution. I will wait for more updates from you until every bug get fixed by your team. Please keep me updated. Thank you and have a nice day.     Best Regards,
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Several Issues in WPLMS Appointment Add-on’ is closed to new replies.