Site slow due to excessive index.php file requests

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Site slow due to excessive index.php file requests

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    <span style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">Today, I couldn't get my WPLMS site to load a page, either the homepage or in /wp-admin I contacted my host and their records show that the server received many requests for the index.php file. There were many GET and POST requests made by the server, possibly somewhere in the site's code. Could you look into what might be causing a loop of requests for the index.php file?</span> <span style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">Thanks!</span>
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    I can supply logistics if needed.
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    We continue to have trouble with the site breaking down due to something in the theme. I asked my webhost tech support to look into it and here's what they said: "<span style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">While logged in I noticed a large number of connections from the server by the server particularly to the members area. </span> <span style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">From what I saw, it appears to be a large number of </span><span class="il" style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">GET</span><span style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"> </span><span class="il" style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">requests</span><span style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"> to </span>host.iguanaacadamy.com/members<span style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"> by the server itself which may be written into the code of the site. I'd recommend you or a developer take a look to see if this is the case and minimize any calls to the server itself from the server as this creates unnecessary overhead. </span><span style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">This may be due to the site code itself. I recommend reviewing the code to this site to make sure it is optimized."</span> Thanks for any insight and suggestions or updates you can provide to keep my site from breaking down (the<span style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"> HTTP was unresponsive on my server. We then have to log in to the server to </span><span class="il" style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">get</span><span style="color: #2b2e2f; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"> the service responsive again.</span>
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    On a side note: Can you add an option to format text so that it reads without the html code when cutting/pasting into the replies? I've tried unformatting the text before pasting, but obviously it doesn't work. Sorry about the html junk. :/
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Eagerly awaiting your solution/advice :) We continue to have trouble with the site breaking down due to something in the theme. I asked my webhost tech support to look into it and here's what they said: "While logged in I noticed a large number of connections from the server by the server particularly to the members area. From what I saw, it appears to be a large number of requests to host.iguanaacadamy.com/members by the server itself which may be written into the code of the site. I'd recommend taking a look to see if this is the case and minimize any calls to the server itself from the server as this creates unnecessary overhead.  This may be due to the site code itself. I recommend reviewing the code to this site to make sure it is optimized." Thanks for any insight and suggestions or updates you can provide to keep my site from breaking down (HTTP was unresponsive on my server. We then have to log in to the server to get the service responsive again).
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    URGENT (please): More trouble with the site breaking down, due to more high loads even though there is no heavy traffic at all (just one person accessing, most of the time). Here's what my host reported this morning: "Our Sonar Server Health monitoring alerted me to high load and/or memory use on your server today. We were able to log in and prevent the server from crashing and requiring a reboot. To to prevent the crash, I have restarted apache. It appears that after your server was restarted your server had high load causing services to continue to report down. Restarting apache was able to drop the load on your server. Regards, Nathaniel C. Bailey Linux Systems Administrator Monitoring Engineer Liquid Web Inc
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please note that wplms uses on buddypress and woocommerce plugins which are itself too heavy because they run many queries in backend and it between wplms themes and its plugins also run some queries itself.

You can try optimising your images and deactivate the plugins that you don't use . Please Refer : https://bp-tricks.com/buddypress-hosting/
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Thanks, Alex. Do ou have knowledge of specifically why, on a site with no traffic, there would be an overload of requests for the index.php file and also many GET and POST requests? This just happened, and didn't happen before. I just got a bunch of cPanel warnings last night also, and had not gotten those before. Not sure the cause...
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    That is because of the buddy press and woocommerce.They tends to create many requests on server checking some of the values for the user . Please also check if there is a plugin that is also creating many requests on the server .Please deactivate the third party p;ugin if you do not want to use them . Please refer : https://bp-tricks.com/buddypress-hosting/
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Site slow due to excessive index.php file requests’ is closed to new replies.