Some Issues/Questions about Zoom Integration

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Some Issues/Questions about Zoom Integration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    roath
    Spectator
    Hello, I'm currently testing the Zoom Integration with WPLMS and would like to point out 2 issues/questions: 1) "Who's the host??" - I've tried to login as administrator, student, and instructor in different computers and the behavior are not the same. In my computer, that has a cookie for the Zoom account, even if I login in WPLMS as a student and join the meeting I'll be the host. In the other hand, in another computer that never logged in Zoom, if the user logs in WPLMS as an administrator he can be host too. I would like to understand what's the logic behind this? Is the host associated to accounts or to the machine that logs in?   2) I've created a Meeting for logged in users. Inside the meeting, there's an invite URL. If you copy this link and send to non-logged users they could access the course. What can be done to prevent this behavior?   Best regards, Rodrigo
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    1.  The host will be the person who is creating the app, so in this case all meetings are occuring in administrator;s account
    1. Currently, there is no restriction available for this. it is possible to add a password restriction for this but again passwords can be shared.
    roath
    Spectator
    1. So the webinar host can only be one of the WPLMS administrators? In other words: an instructor can't hold his own zoom webinar without the presence of an administrator, is that it? If so, that's very limiting...
    Just a note: I've created my Zoom account with a completely different login/e-mail than my WPLMS administrator's. Thank you again.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Yes, that is correct. All the meetings will be held in Administrator's account. The site onwer has complete control in this sense and he needs only 1 paid account to manage meetings. This is what works for most of our users. So, we're not going to change this as of now, unless we get more requests.
    rahmediahouse
    Spectator
    This is a big issue, all the instructor creates their own courses and depending on the availability, they organize the LIVE classes, Admin is not present every time to start the course and why should admin host the meeting, it is upto the instructor to start his class. This is a major issue and need to be resolved immediately.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Im sorry this is not available right now .The issue for you can be feature for others . Please create a feature request for this here : https://wplms.io/support/forums/forum/general/feature-request/   I upvoted we will consider to change it .
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Some Issues/Questions about Zoom Integration’ is closed to new replies.