- 3 years, 2 months ago GustavoParticipant
Hi Mr. Vibe,
As you asked me to create a support topic to implement this feature here we go. 🙂
Start for free feature will allow WPLMS users sell more courses as it will give a taster, and most importantly, it will allow to grow a mail list through Mailchimp and other email marketing services.
Our suggestions to it are the following.
1. Give automatic access to a part of a course in exchange of an email that will be captured via Mailchimp or any other similar email marketing services.
2. People get very annoyed to go to the register process specifically for free content (including the link to confirm email), so it will be important to give access to the free part of the course as soon as they enter the email to be captured by Mailchimp or other similar services. If they purchase the course, then they will need to register on the website. (alternatively have a switch button on admin area for that)
3. To avoid the page asking every time the email of the student who wants to access the free part of the course again, use the cookies to automatically unlock this course and all the others on the page.
4. As capturing email would be very important for marketing purposes, have a field box to enter the email with a warning such as: “When you enter your email, you will also receive free content and special promotions from ........ You can unsubscribe at any time.”.
4.1 On the email marketing service (lets say Mailchimp) have two groups for that list: a. Free Subscriber and b. Student who bought the course. That will help target people who didn't purchase the course to allow send promotions about this specific course to them. Every time a free subscriber purchase the specific course he is moved from the free group to the paid one.
5. Have a switch button on WPLMS admin area as: ON/OFF - Force capture email with Mailchimp (and other email marketing services)
6. WPLMS users will be able to select which units and/or sections will be for free.
7. WPLMS users will be able to change the title of the button from "TAKE THIS COURSE" to "START FOR FREE"on admin area.
8. The price will still be displayed to the student on the page and through the website.
9. When the potential student clicks on START FOR FREE a pop up box to enter the email with the warning (see number 4) appears with a START NOW button.
10. After entering in the actual course the locked sections and/or units have a colored padlock icon next to them. If people click on the paid/locked units a pop up box says "In order to access this unit please purchase the course" (ideally the WPLMS user could change this message accordingly his/her needs). And here finally we can have in the box the button "TAKE THIS COURSE".
11. The number of students taking the course, displayed on the page, will increase on each successful free start.
12. If people click on a free unit on the curriculum the pop up box to enter the email is displayed. (see number 9)
13. Make the Start For Free feature available on the Mobile Apps.
Super thanks and speak soon! 😀3 years, 2 months ago Mr.VibeKeymaster
Replies only viewable for logged in users3 years, 2 months ago GustavoParticipant
Replies only viewable for logged in users
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.